Accountancy Apprentice Sweethaven Computers
To learn the financial systems across the partnership and limited company and all associated administration through to compiling and analysing individual department financial performances.
Closing date: 06 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 39.00
Possible start date
23 Oct 2017
12 Sep 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Starting as an apprentice for a growing company we would look for the person to develop both academically with training and within our company as the need for a truly dedicated financial specialist becomes central to further growth.
- Responsibilities pertaining to purchase ledgers and sales ledgers, including credit control.
- To post daily cheques received and prepare bankings.
- To post and check sales invoices reverting back to line managers.
- To check and post BI’s, including completion of direct shipments.
- To produce weekly and monthly management figures and reports as required.
- To provide analysis on figures and business performance/KPI’s.
- To resolve accounts queries with relevant parties in a timely manner.
- To maintain and reconcile company bank accounts.
- To administer the opening of new accounts.
- To ensure all suppliers are paid at the appropriate time.
- To identify slow paying customers, put them on stop and alert managers.
- To raise and distribute monthly statements to customers.
- To open and circulate the post.
- To distribute the weekly schools invoices.
- To update business partner regarding any urgent queries or issues.
- To chase old and slow payers in a timely manner.
- To raise and check managed print invoices.
- To assist with household financial arrangements like insurance and amenities.
- To carry out any other reasonable request made by the Company.
Requirements and prospects
- Good working knowledge of Excel
- Microsoft Office competency
- Attention to detail and methodical
- Strong time management
- Interpersonal skills
- GCSE (or equivalent) grade C or above in English and Maths.
- Level 2 AAT will need to be achieved as part oif the programme if not already attained.
About the employer
- Level 3 Diploma in Accounting
- Level 3 Techncial Certificate
- Level 1 Functional Skills (where applicable)
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Accounting > Assistant Accountant
EAST SURREY COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by East Surrey College
Wendy Spies 01737 785016
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 06 Oct 2017