Apprentice Electrician Manton Electrical Contractors
This is a fantastic opportunity to fulfill your passion and train as an apprentice electrician and become fully qualified within the trade. The successful candidate will receive on the job training as well as attending Cornwall College, Camborne, once a week.
Closing date: 28 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
05 Oct 2017
07 Sep 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Manton Electrical Contractors Lts are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join their team and become an electrical apprentice. The successful candidate will work alongside the experts and learn and develop all the skills required to become a fully qualified electrician. Typical duties will include:
- Install and maintain wiring and lighting systems.
- Inspect electrical components such as transformers and circuit breakers.
- Identify electrical problems using a variety of testing devices.
- Repair and replace wiring, equipment and fixtures.
- Ensuring good quality workmanship which upholds to company standards and complies with building codes.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Maintain health and safety at all times.
Requirements and prospects
- The employer is looking for someone who is committed to the apprenticeship and who has a passion for becoming a fully qualified electrician.
- Use own initiative.
- Well organised.
- Good problem solver.
- Can work well in a team.
- Good sense of humour.
- GCSE Maths and English grade C+ or equivalent are required.
Things to consider
About the employer
You will be trained in the workplace alongside your usual duties and you will be expected to attend college one day a week or on a block release basis.
- You will work towards achieving a level 3 apprenticeship in Electro-technical. including work based and knowledge components.
- An employee rights and responsibilities qualification.
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS).
- Functional Skills English and Maths.
Electrotechnical > Installation Electrician/Maintenance Electrician
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Cornwall College Business
Nick Banfield 0845 6099 599
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 28 Sep 2017