IT Application Apprentice CJ Wildbird Foods Ltd
We are looking for someone to assist in carrying out I.T Support for end users in the UK and Holland. The main duties will include tasks such as: Provide first line support for business software (Sage ERP, CRM, Datalinx). • Provide first line support for business hardware, provide support for Microsoft Office Package (Word, Excel, Outlook).
Closing date: 28 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 39.00
Possible start date
30 Oct 2017
07 Sep 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
We are looking for someone to assist in carrying out I.T Support for end users in the UK and Holland.
The main duties will include:
- Administer user accounts through Active Directory and Exchange Management console.
- Administer the company’s anti-virus software and maintain company backups.
- Maintain and update the I.T Service log and escalate tickets to 3rd party companies where necessary.
- Provide first line support for business software (Sage ERP, CRM, Datalinx).
- Provide first line support for business hardware (PCs, Laptops, Printers, Telephones).
- Provide support for Microsoft Office Package (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Using SQL to pull out data and also manipulate.
- Communicate effectively with end users in a non-technical, non-jargon way.
- Become familiar with warehouse and internal company processes.
- Work independently as well as part of a team.
- Support project work within the company as / when required.
Requirements and prospects
The ideal candidate will need to be:
- A good team player as well as able to work independently.
- Be able to communicate in a technical manner as well as none technical jargon for end users.
- A fast learner.
- Strong organisational skills, able to prioritise workloads.
- Good experience with Microsoft Office programs.
- Any previous experience with SQL Server would be ideal but not mandatory.
The successful candidate will need:
- Punctual and reliable
- Strong willingness to learn new skill
- A good communicator (verbal and written)
To apply for this post you will need:
- To have 5 GCSEs grade A*-C including Maths, English and IT and to have 3 A-Levels at grades A-C including an IT related subject.
Things to consider
About the employer
As well as supplying the UK market, we now operate in 9 other European countries and are proud to be the market leaders in the research, design and development of wild bird and wildlife food, and accompanying feeding products. www.birdfood.co.uk
As part of the apprenticeship the candidate will be working towards a workplace training plan within their organisation as well as working towards the apprenticeship framework components with Telford College. The candidate will achieve the following qualifications:
- IT Application Specialist level 3
- Technical Certificate level 3
- Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT level 2
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
IT Application Specialist
TELFORD COLLEGE OF ARTS & TECHNOLOGY
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Telford College of Arts & Technology
Karen Pearse 01952 642452 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 28 Oct 2017