Nursery Nurse Apprentice Childwall Valley Neighbourhood Nursery
To maintain a safe secure environment for all the children. Ensure that the emotional, social, intellectual and physical needs of the children are met. Ensure that all policies and procedures are adhered too.
Closing date: 25 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
26 Sep 2017
07 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Job location Childwall Valley Day Nursery can be moved to any of the other nurseries within the group to assist with staff cover or training purposes.
- To maintain a safe secure environment for all the children
- Ensure that the emotional, social, intellectual and physical needs of the children are met.
- Ensure that all policies and procedures are adhered too
- Report to senior members of staff if any problems or seeking advice
- Adhere to all staff rotas and breaks including nappy changes, cleaning, laundry, garden and staff room duties.
- To keep records of work, and plan and carry out observations
- Ensure that all registers are completed and presentable stored away in the correct files so can be found when required.
- To be able to work towards and maintain all standards.
- To follow the Early Years Foundation stage framework, being responsible for your key children’s recording and development. All records are to be up to date, observations recorded and activities to be age appropriate and challenging. Next steps are to clearly be identified, use the EYFS book when gathering information to support all evidence.
- To attend all staff meetings and training evenings, and days.
- Be prepared for supervision and or reviews. Ensure that any concerns or further action support is addressed.
- To ensure the health and safety is maintained at all times, signing in and out books are complete (this includes when leaving for a cigarette break)
- To be fully aware of the Nursery Safeguarding Policies and procedure, having a great understanding of how to report a concern and where to seek contact numbers from as well as identifying signs and symptoms.
- Ensure that children’s teaching and learning is effective
Requirements and prospects
- Experience of working with children aged 0-5 (desirable).
- Experience of providing personal care to children and recognising their individual needs (desirable).
- Knowledge and understanding of equality and diversity (desirable).
- Knowledge and understanding of health and safety in the workplace (desirable).
- Knowledge and understanding of the importance of confidentiality (essential).
- Friendly and approachable manner.
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as within a team structure to enhance the experiences of the children.
- Able to communicate and engage effectively with children, families, carers and colleagues.
- Well organised and able to cope and prioritise conflicting demands and made decisions effectively.
- Be a reliable member of the team working co-operatively and with flexibility.
- Be prepared to undertake professional development as required.
- GCSE or equivalent grade C or above in literacy and numeracy would be desirable.
- 2 references will be required before starting
About the employer
- The successful candidate will be visited once every 4 weeks by an assessor in the workplace.
- NVQ in Children and Young People's Workforce.
- Depending on prior qualifications you will also be required to work towards Level 2 Functional Skills in Mathematics and English.
- Work based learning.
Children and Young People's Workforce
ALDER TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Alder Training Limited
Connor 0151 259 0264 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 25 Sep 2017