Apprentice Sales Assistant The Bradfords Group Limited
As part of our team at our Evercreech branch, you will learn all aspects of sales; how to deal with customers, how to provide excellent customer service and build your expertise about the wide range of building products we sell. The Apprenticeship will give you the opportunity to learn about our business and become an integral part of a great team.
Closing date: 29 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 44.75
(the hours are based on the candidate being over 18)
Possible start date
30 Oct 2017
07 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our busy team as an apprentice and learn all aspects of sales activities including product knowledge and customer support.
- You will learn all aspects of sales
- How to deal with customers
- How to provide excellent customer service as well as building your expertise about the wide range of building products we sell
Requirements and prospects
- Friendly and customer service focussed
- Confident and willing to learn
- Good communication skills
- Good PC skills including knowledge of MS Office, Windows and iOS devices
- Able to take in information and follow instructions
- Able to work as part of a team and contribute to team meetings
- Driving licence is desirable but not essential
- Well organised
- Able to listen and ask questions
- Able to prioritise to ensure the most important tasks are dealt with and completed in a timely manner
- Have a helpful and pro-active attitude to situations to help provide a prompt and reliable support service to customers
Minimum 5 GCSE’s or equivalent including English and Maths.
Things to consider
About the employer
You will complete the Retailer Standard and will also undertake in-house training linked to our systems and business processes to gain a full understanding of how we operate and how to provide an excellent sales service to our customers and suppliers.
You will meet regulary with an Assessor who will deliver the Retailer Standard and ensure you are prepared to undertake the End Point Assessments which will include:
- On demand test: 30 minute on demand multiple choice test Scenario based questions, usually taken on screen. Externally set and marked automatically by the assessment organisation. Undertaken either on the employer’s premises or off site.
- Practical observation: 2 hour observation of the apprentice in the workplace by the independent end assessor.
- Professional discussion: 1 hour structured meeting led by the independent end assessor, involving the apprentice and employer (e.g. line manager). Focusing on how they have performed during the apprenticeship and their overall achievement of the knowledge, skills and behaviours in the standard.
- Completion: Independent end assessor confirms that each assessment element has been completed. The grade is determined by the independent end assessor on the overall performance of the apprentice in the observation and professional discussion: Pass / Distinction / Fail.
20% of the time on your Apprenticeship will be spent off-the-job training.
Retail > Retailer
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Yeovil College
Serena Foreman 01935 845392 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 29 Oct 2017