Business Administration Apprentice Tyne Metropolitan College
To support all users of the College Learning Centres. To aid the Team Leader in Facilities and Resources in the day to day running of the College Learning Centres. Ensure that relevant materials are available and organised for student and staff use.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
15 Oct 2017
07 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- To support with the provision of a quality service in an environment conductive to learning
- To assist with the preparation of relevant materials
- To assist students by providing general IT advice
- Provide high quality customer service
- To assist with supporting users by using the correct systems for lending and enquiry services, including issuing/ returning loans, placing reservations and inter-library loans
- Working with relevant IT systems as appropriate including the operation of the integrated library system to assist the smooth running of the service
- Registering library users onto the integrated library system
- Support the management of overdue materials including the issue of overdue notices and handling of cash
- Checking booklists, assisting the Team Leader to prepare book orders, taking receipt of and checking new stock
- Undertake a range of duties to maintain an ordered and safe learning environment for users including shelf tidying, photocopying, packing and unpacking of stock, minor repairs and binding preparation, and the processing of new stock
- Undertake appropriate administrative tasks including filing and word processing
- Prepare library subject guides
- Assist with general IT user queries
- Assisting with the library induction programme as directed
- Liaise with other centre staff and IT department to ensure that equipment is kept secure and used within the requirements of the IT Users Regulations
- Ensuring admissions, advice and guidance services continue to operate in accordance with the matrix standards
Requirements and prospects
- Confident when using IT
- Commitment to Equality and Diversity
- Understanding of Safegaurding
- Able to use own initiative
- Experience of working in a customer focused environment
- Great communication skills
- Maths and English GCSE Grade C and above (or equivalent)
About the employer
- Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration
- Level 1 Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT (depending on prior qualifications)
Business and Administration
SOUTH TYNESIDE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by South Tyneside College
Milli Crawford 0191 427 3696 M.Crawford@stc.ac.uk
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017