Apprentice Electro Mechanical Engineer Viking Test Limited
You will be involved in a wide range of activities including the Design and Manufacture of Viking’s own brand of printer, installation and support of a variety of customer machinery including CNC machining, Chemical Processing and Electronic Test equipment.
Closing date: 11 Nov 2017
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
20 Nov 2017
06 Sep 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
The successful candidate will be working with a small team of Engineers on a wide range of business activities relating to Printed Circuit manufacture and similar industries
You will be based at Viking’s office in Bordon, Hampshire and may be required to travel to service customers and visit suppliers in the UK, across Europe and the rest of the world
You will be involved in a wide range of activities including the Design and Manufacture of Viking’s own brand of printer, installation and support of a variety of customer machinery including manual machining, Chemical Processing and Electronic Test equipment.
There will be opportunities to be involved in all aspects of the business which can include:
- Helping customers to specify equipment for purchase
- Negotiation with suppliers
- Machine installation
- Machine servicing
- Customer support
- Workshop activities
- Machine design and assembly
The successful candidate will be highly motivated and interested in developing a very wide range of electro-mechanical skills
Requirements and prospects
- Basic knowledge of PCB manufacturing, together with electrical and mechanical engineering/maintenance experience.
- Preferably work experience with companies in this field.
- A person who has a genuine interest in PCB's and printing machinery & is a quick learner
- A person who has a quick, logical mind and not afraid to speak up with ideas they have
- A dedicated and hard worker at all times
- Results driven and possesses determination to see the job through to completion
- 5 GCSE's (or equivalent) grade C (4) or above including Maths, English & Science (Physics & Chemistry preferably)
Things to consider
About the employer
Throughout the duration of the Apprenticeship you will be required to attend PETA’s Engineering Training Centre in Havant for day release off-the-job training. Further training will be completed with your employer at your place of work.
You will work towards the following qualifications:
- Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering (Foundation Competence)
- Level 3 (BTEC or VRQ) Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge)
- EAL Level 3 Extended Diploma in Engineering Maintenance (Development Competence
On successful completion of the above you will need to successfully complete the end point assessment consisting of:
- A knowledge assessment
- A final observation of practical work
- A technical interview, based on an evidence portfolio which will include all evidence of practical observations, progress reviews and work activities
Energy and Utilities > Maintenance and Operations Engineering Technician
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by PETA Limited
Ian Smith 02392538724
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 11 Nov 2017