IT Support Apprentice The University of Nottingham
To assist in the support of IT and Audio Visual technology for the core areas of research, teaching and administration across the entire University of Nottingham community.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 36.25
Possible start date
08 Oct 2017
07 Sep 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Assist in providing 1st line support and maintenance (both preventative and remedial) for IT and AV issues to ensure minimum disruption to the business of the University, its Students and Staff.
Assist in PC and AV lifecycle management including pre-installation activity, physical installation (inc. OS installation, cabling etc.) and decommissioning of redundant and old equipment.
Assist in the provision of IT and AV related services to the University e.g. software installation and configuration, BYOD support and guidance, School/Faculty equipment maintenance and service reporting.
Requirements and prospects
- Good standard of education evidenced by GCSEs, including GCSE Maths and English at grade C or above, or equivalent.
- An IT specific qualification.
- Good IT skills (including confident with MS Office applications, email and Internet). Knowledge of basic AV equipment.
- Good verbal & written communication skills.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Good interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Evidence of interest in IT and AV and supporting IT infrastructure.
- Experience of planning own work activities in response to differing needs.
- Experience of managing a busy workload.
- Experience in supporting PC hardware and/or client O/S’ (Windows and/or Linux)
- Experience in supporting Server hardware and/or server O/S’ (Windows and/or Unix/Linux)
- Experience of working within a structured service environment
- Experience of working within a Team to resolve complex issues and to provide and maintain a high level of customer service whilst working to deadlines.
- Experience of working with customers face to face and via telephone, email and ticket systems
- Experience of working in an office environment.
- Ability to work within a Team and to ask for/take direction/advice as required.
- Ability to prioritise own workload and work on own initiative as required.
- Ability to acquire new skills in a rapidly changing environment
- Flexibility and the ability to respond to a range of situations, but also know when to refer on as appropriate.
- Ability to develop good working relationships with a range of internal and external colleagues.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Capability to work outside normal working hours (9:00 – 17:00)
- Tackling simple tasks that have prescribed work flows.
- Daily prioritisation of work activities (i.e. order in which jobs of equal priority are performed).
- Within the guidelines above, deal with service requests.
- Advice from more experienced/senior colleagues on the best way to tackle unfamiliar, non-routine or complex tasks.
- Completion of documentation
- Tackling equipment installation/decommission
- Operational service requests of a non-routine nature or where guidance is required
- Decisions relating to implementation of project plans
- Decisions relating to requests for changes to systems/services
- Job prioritisation
- Resource allocation (e.g. ordering items, additional staffing etc.)
- Strategic decisions relating to projects
- Complex or critical IT support issues.
- Requests for further work
- None required
Things to consider
About the employer
The duration of the Apprenticeship is 15 months and will be delivered to you in the workplace. This will be done through a bespoke blended learning package.
- Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable)
- Knowledge Module 1 - Networking and Architecture
- Knowledge Module 2 - Mobile and Operating Systems
- Knowledge Module 3 - Cloud Services
- Knowledge Module 4 - Coding and Logic
- Knowledge Module 5 - Business Processes
- One vendor certification selected based on your job role and individual capabilities (Typically a Microsoft Technical Associate (MTA) certification)
- Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS)
Digital Industries > Infrastructure Technician
INTEGRITY IT SOLUTIONS LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Integrity FT
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2017