Childcare Apprenticeship Bambino Day Nursery
The apprentice will be providing care for the children and taking care of their physical needs, they will supervise lunch and nap times. They will provide challenging activities to encourage development as well as entertain and occupy the children. The apprentice will also work towards a Level 2 Children and Young People's Workforce Qualification.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Nov 2017
07 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Bambinos Nursery offers a safe and enjoyable experience for the children under their care and full support to their team.
They are looking for a happy and well presented apprentice who has a natural love for children and an enthusiasm to ensuring their development and wellbeing.
The apprentice will:
- Be providing care for the children and taking care of their physical needs
- They will supervise lunch and nap times
- They will provide challenging activities to encourage development as well as entertain and occupy the children
The apprentice will also work towards a Level 2 CYPW Qualification that includes completing observations and assessments as well as completing the children's daily diaries
Requirements and prospects
- The apprentice should have good communication, reading and writing skills
- Smiley and engaging with the children
- Have a natural love for children
No formal qualifications are required as full training will be given.
About the employer
- Full practical training will be provided in the nursery and a trained assessor will visit you every four to twelve weeks (depending on training need), at which time work will be set which should be completed ready for the next review
- During the visits, the assessor will observe you in a particular area which you should have planned prior to the appointment
- Observations will take place in the nursery but all written work must be completed at home
- Training will take from 12 to 18 months depending on your experience and level, and Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT will be available if required
Children and Young People's Workforce
SPAN TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Span Training Development
Charlotte Rooney 0845 548 5100 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2017