Apprentice Software Engineer Motherwell Tank Protection
You would initially be responsible for day-to-day testing of the current and development systems You will develop skills and industry knowledge which will enable you to actively participate in and contribute towards future development of the software.
Closing date: 06 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
16 Oct 2017
08 Sep 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Duties to include:
- Testing of the software, simulating site conditions in readiness for despatch to site.
- Reporting and issues back to the team through a controlled, established process, so that bugs identified during testing are clearly documented and defined so that they can be fixed prior to release.
- Participate with the team in planning, reviews and updates.
- Collaborate with Developers, end users and others.
- Design tests under own direction.
- Produce and update test packs.
- Identify areas for improvement of product quality and sprint outcomes.
- Write scripts to accurately test design compliance to client specifications.
- Become an integral part of the company’s software development.
Requirements and prospects
- Basic IT Skills
- Comfortable with working both in a small team, and independently when required.
- There are no essential qualifications for this role, however a grade C/4 at GCSE level or equivalent in Maths and English would be advantageous.
About the employer
Motherwell Tank Protection
- Level 3 framework in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms
- Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT if required
You will be required to attend St Helens College on one day (paid) per week to complete this qualification. Please consider the travel for this.
IT, Software, Web & Telecoms Professionals
ST HELENS COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by St Helens College
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 06 Oct 2017