Apprentice Receptionist Newtown Surgery
East Norfolk Medical Practice are looking for an apprentice to join their reception team, the ideal candidate would be someone who has a great work ethic and is passionate about working in this sector and wanting to help others.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
09 Oct 2017
07 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
East Norfolk Medical Practice are looking for an apprentice to join their reception team, the ideal candidate would be someone who is passionate about working in this sector and wanting to help others.
The role will mainly consist of customer service duties as you will be dealing with patients face to face as well as on the telephone although there will also be elements of general administration.
Duties and responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities to be undertaken by members of the practice reception/administration team may include any or all of the items in the following list. Duties may be varied from time to time under the direction of the practice manager, dependent on current and evolving practice workload and staffing levels:
- To work in accordance with practice protocols.
- Maintaining and monitoring the practice appointments system.
- Processing personal and telephone requests for appointments, visits and telephone consultations and ensuring callers are directed to the appropriate healthcare professional.
- Processing and distributing incoming (and outgoing) mail.
- Taking messages and passing on information accurately.
- Filing and retrieving paperwork.
- Processing repeat prescriptions in accordance with practice guidelines.
- Initiating contact with and responding to requests from patients, other team member and associated healthcare agencies and providers.
- Providing clerical assistance to practice staff as required from time to time, including word/data processing, filing, photocopying and scanning.
- Provision of refreshments for staff and visitors as required.
- Keeping the reception area, notice-boards and leaflet dispensers tidy and free from obstructions and clutter.
- Participate in team meetings.
Requirements and prospects
- Good Communication Skills.
- Good IT Skills.
- Driven to work in a medical/care environment.
- Desire to help others.
- GCSE, or equivalent, English and Maths C (4) above desirable.
About the employer
As well as on the job training you will complete a Customer Services Practitioner Level 2 apprenticeship standard. This may also include functional skills in English and Maths at level 1 and/or 2 depending on prior qualifications.
You will work towards:
- Customer Services Practitioner Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard.
Functional Skills in English and Maths:
- No functional skills to be completed if you have obtained a GCSE C and above or equivalent.
- Functional Skills level 2 will be completed, if you have obtained a GCSE D or E grade, functional skills level 1 or equivalent.
- Functional Skills level 1 will be completed, if you have not obtained any equivalent qualifications. Upon completing level 1 functional skills you will progress onto level 2.
Customer service > Customer Service Practitioner
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Skills Edge
Calvin Goodson 07969898364 email@example.com
Before you apply
Closing date: 01 Oct 2017