Apprentice Chef UBAGENE LIMITED
Ubagene are looking to recruit an Apprentice Chef to join their team based in Poynton.
Closing date: 02 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
09 Oct 2017
06 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- To operate and control the smooth running of a designated area in kitchen and assist kitchen management in development and guidance of junior members of the team.
- To follow the company dish and batch recipes.
- To follow all Health and Safety standards including SFBB & HACCAP.
- Responsible directly to Head Chef/ Sous Chef and works closely under the supervision of Senior Chef de Partie/junior sous.
- Communicate with front of house management on service issues where necessary.
Main duties, responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Operation and control of section in kitchen whilst paying attention to junior members of the team during service and preparation.
- Being aware of food storage as in deliveries and food that has been prepared as well as stock levels and food rotation.
- Communicate with kitchen management, concerning day to day running of kitchen.
- Help to in ensuring kitchen is maintained and cleaned to a hygienic standard especially at the end of day when cleaning schedules are in place.
- To instigate these cleaning routines in the absence of junior/ sous chef.
- Communicates with Sous Chef and Head Chef in personal development, appraisals and long term objectives.
- To be a valued member of the team, helping and advising colleagues were required, promoting the image of the company and restaurant at all times.
- To be aware of the security of the restaurant and the people in it, be familiar with all emergency procedures and act positively both in the event of an emergency or the prevention of one.
- Be aware and ensure that those responsible to you are aware of any legislation relevant to your work ensuring legal requirements are adhered to e.g. health and safety at work, COSH, fire precautions etc.
Requirements and prospects
- Attention to detail.
- Willing to learn.
- Good teamwork.
- Outgoing & friendly.
- Have a good attitude & motivation towards work and a willingness to learn the finer details of your role.
- Understanding that you work as part of a team that requires you to work with and be conscientious of your colleagues.
- GCSE Grade D or above in English and Maths or equivalent.
About the employer
- Catering and Professional Chefs NVQ
- Functional Skills
- Employment Rights
- Technical Certificate
Catering and Professional Chefs
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Trafford College
Sabina Dunworth - Ali 0161 886 7461 Sabina.Dunworth-Ali@trafford.ac.uk
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 02 Oct 2017