Receptionist - Apprenticeship Holiday Inn
As a receptionist you will need to ensure that the highest standards of hospitality and welcome are demonstrated at all times. To complete all relevant procedures as laid by the company
Closing date: 06 Nov 2017
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
08 Nov 2017
06 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- To ensure fully conversant with the operation of the Front Office system, Opera, have appropriate product knowledge and are able to carry out specific responsibilities effectively against objectives
- To promote effective communication within the different functional areas.
- To actively maximise up selling opportunities in order to maximise profit
- To liaise regularly with the Executive Housekeeper regarding room allocations, VIP’s, special requests and IHG Rewards Club membership
- To be aware of competitors facilities and rates and report on any information that is relevant to the improvement of guest service and/or the achievement of an increase in room yield
- Guest Relations
- To assist with the guest relations function and achieve superior levels of guest satisfaction by ensuring that meet the following criteria:-
- Guests should be called by name, made to feel welcome at all times and their enquiries dealt with courteously and efficiently
- all guests are individuals and respect should be given to their differing needs
- guests have a right to a stated guaranteed consistent level of service
- the needs of guests are continually changing and therefore it is essential that we recognise the importance of guest comments to formulate change
- To comply with all legal requirements and attend statutory training for all team members
- To comply with all legal requirements in respect of health, safety and welfare of all members of staff and customers.
- To make themselves available for training and communication meetings, for which advance notice will normally be given.
- To be fully conversant with the facilities, services and special promotions offered by the hotel and to pass this information on to the guest whenever the possibility arises in order to maximise hotel sales.
- To have a full working knowledge of the priority club programme and its benefits – taking every opportunity to enrol new members.
- To ensure that all charges are correctly posted to the guests bills following the standard procedures.
- To be aware of the hotel availability and that every opportunity to maximise room sales is taken.
- To deal with cash, cheque and credit transactions in accordance with the hotel and company policy, and to ensure that any discrepancies are reported immediately.
- To make sure the float handed over is checked and correct.
- To ensure that all messages received for guests and management are passed on accurately and as quickly as possible.
- Ensure you have a sound knowledge of the local area regarding history, places of interest and special events and where further information can be obtained.
- To operate the hotel switchboard and deal with all internal and external calls, according to procedure.
- To ensure the security of any safety deposits, guests property, and lost property following security procedures as outlined in the Standards Training Manual.
- To ensure the supervisor is advised of low stocks of stationary.
- To develop and maintain good working relationships with all departments in the hotel.
To have a thorough knowledge of and adherence to the law with regard to the following company regulations:
- Fire regulations and procedures
- Health and safety regulations
- First aid procedures
- To ensure that the company dress code is adhered to at all times.
To undertake special duties or work outside the normal daily/weekly routine but within the overall scope of the position at the request of your Supervisor/Line Manager.
Requirements and prospects
- Reliable and punctual
- Diligent who takes pride in their work
- Key attention to detail
- IT Literate
- Highly presentable
- Good communication skills
- Hard-working with a willingness to train
- Good team player that shows initiative and a good level of common sense
- Career driven
Things to consider
About the employer
Full Apprenticeship Training Level 2 will be provided by Interserve All training done on site at work, no day release. You will also be working towards a technical certificate, ERR (employer rights and responsibilities and functional skills in maths, English and ICT if not already achieved.
ESG (SKILLS) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Interserve Learning & Employment
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 06 Nov 2017