Apprentice Chef Holiday Inn
To consistently deliver the highest standards of food. To learn and become responsible after training for a delegated section( Breakfast/Larder/Banqueting/Sauce).
Closing date: 06 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
08 Oct 2017
06 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- To clean and prepare foodstuffs in accordance with set procedures and as directed / supervised by senior kitchen staff.
- To assisting in the preparation and cooking of meals.
- To operate and clean equipment with due regard to safety, correct method, as instructed by competent superior and in accordance with manufacturers instructions.
- To adhere to cleaning and maintenance schedules.
- To act as a contact for Food deliveries, checking items and adherence to HACCP and ensuring deliveries are stored to comapnay and hygiene standards.
- To carry out correct and hygienic handling / processing of foods.
- To maintain a clean, safe and tidy work environment at all times.
- To exercising proper control of company stock and property, and ensuring correct and safe storage of foodstuffs.
- To undertake any other duties as requested by Management.
- To comply with all legal requirements in respect of health, safety and welfare of all members of staff and customers.
- Under no circumstances may dangerous machinery be used by any member of staff under the age of 18 years.
- All staff of the company are required to make themselves available for training and communication meetings, for which advance notice will normally be given.
- All staff must attend fire training as required by law to be familiar with the departmental responsibilities.
Requirements and prospects
- Reliable and punctual
- Diligent who takes pride in their work
- Key attention to detail
- IT Literate
- Highly presentable
- Good communication skills
- Hard-working with a willingness to train
- Good team player that shows initiative and a good level of common sense
- Career driven
Things to consider
About the employer
Full Apprenticeship Training Level 2 will be provided by Interserve All training done on site at work, no day release. You will also be working towards a technical certificate, ERR (employer rights and responsibilities and functional skills in maths, English and ICT if not already achieved.
Catering and Professional Chefs
ESG (SKILLS) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Interserve Learning & Employment
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 06 Oct 2017