Apprentice Finance Assistant CHANGES UK COMMUNITY INTEREST COMPANY
The post holder works within the Finance Department; providing key operational support in the financial management of the organisation with responsibility for assisting the Finance Manager in managing financial systems, processes and procedures. The post holder is responsible for the preparation and maintenance of accurate financial schedules.
Closing date: 24 Sep 2017
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
02 Oct 2017
06 Sep 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Day to day duties will include:
- Processing of all accounting transactions into the accounting system (tba, likely to be XERO)
- Processing supplier invoices & payments
- Maintaining purchase order system
- Raising sales invoices
- Monitoring Housing Benefit income
- First stage credit control via email
- Cashbook versus bank reconciliation
- Matching online order paperwork to valid VAT receipts
- Processing expenses claims
- Preparation of input schedules for VAT returns
- Processing petty cash claims and floats
- Financial record keeping to auditable standards
- Administer bookings for room hire
- Attend such meetings as may be required
- Contribute ideas for process improvement
- Undertake other duties as requested by your line manager that contribute to Changes strategy
The post holder provides a crucial internal service and the role involves regular contact with staff at all levels and funding organisations and suppliers.
This post regularly involves dealing with confidential staff, service user and company information and discretion is very important.
Requirements and prospects
- Ambitious, articulate, conscientious and professional attitude
- Strong communication skills and a confident manner
- Flexible, practical approach to meeting the organisation’s needs
- Ability to take initiative, work independently and within a team
- Good organisational and time management skills; able to prioritise workloads effectively, meet deadlines and monitor the outcomes
- Ability to pay keen attention to detail and demonstrate a meticulous approach
- Be enthusiastic about Birmingham & the Black Country and its rich landscape
- A genuine commitment to the principles and aims of the organisation
AAT Level 2 required plus GCSE grade C and above in English and maths. If candidates do not hold Level 2 AAT they will be required to do an introductory course at the college prior to starting the Level 3 course.
Things to consider
About the employer
CHANGES UK COMMUNITY INTEREST COMPANY
- A competence based qualification i.e. NVQ/QCF.
- A knowledge based qualification i.e. Technical Certificate.
- Key or Functional Skills (if required).
- Employer Rights & Responsibilities.
- Personal Learning & Thinking Skills.
Accounting > Assistant Accountant
BIRMINGHAM METROPOLITAN COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Birmingham Metropolitan College
Samina Shafieq 0121 362 1122
Before you apply
Closing date: 24 Sep 2017