Business Administration Apprenticeship SHEPHERD OFFSHORE SERVICES LIMITED
Apprenticeship in Business Administration
Closing date: 03 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
09 Oct 2017
06 Sep 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Shepherd Offshore Group are looking to recruit a business administration apprentice covering general administration duties and supporting their Purchasing Co-Ordinator.
The ideal candidate will be bright, articulate, friendly and who will fit in well with a large team.
The 2 year apprenticeship will include the following elements:
- Placing customer orders
- Solving delivery problems / complaints
- Liaising with customers and logistics hauliers
- Placing stock / production orders
- Issuing warranties
- Preparing and sending samples / literature
- Arranging installer training and issuing relevant certificates
- Ordering stationery and maintenance of office stationery supplies
- Ordering safety footwear
- Weekly update of technical reports
- Ordering lunches / refreshments for visitors
- Updating contractor information
- Helping to organise training courses / setting up training venues
- Ad-hoc office administration for production area
Requirements and prospects
- Motivated willingness to learn and have a positive attitude.
- Good timekeeping, the ability to take on board information in a variety of formats and able to communicate effectively with colleagues and team leaders.
- Have a proven interest in the working environment and want an apprenticeship.
The candidate must have at least 5 GCSEs, or equivalent, at Grade C or above including Maths & English Language.
Please note that Level 2 Adult Literacy and Level 2 Adult Numeracy will not be accepted. This is due to the apprenticeship framework requirements.
Things to consider
About the employer
- The Advanced Apprenticeship is typically a 2 year programme.
- The Technical Certificate aspect of the programme is delivered at the employer's premises so no day release is required.
- The apprenticeship also includes Employment Rights and Responsibilities as well as Personal Learning and Thinking Skills qualifications.
Business and Administration
TYNE NORTH TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Tyne North Training Ltd
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 03 Oct 2017