Ford Masters Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Apprenticeship Skipton Ford
An exciting opportunity for an apprentice to work alongside qualified technicians where you will be fully trained in all aspects of maintenance and repair of light vehicles from routine servicing to electrical fault diagnostics.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Nov 2017
07 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
An exciting opportunity for the Apprentices to be trained using the latest diagnostic equipment to provide them with the relevant skills to react to the ever changing technological developments within the car industry. Day to day tasks will always vary but will normally include:
- Vehicle Maintenance.
- Observing and assisting technicians.
Car technicians will be expected to see whether components and systems are secure and working properly.
The Car Technicians jobs fall into three categories:
- Servicing – working to manufacturer servicing guidelines to ensure vehicle running at optimum performance.
- Maintenance – replacing parts that have wear and tear before they fail.
- Repair – diagnosing the reason for vehicle failure and fixing the problem.
Requirements and prospects
- Full training will be provided, no skills required.
- A keen interest in vehicles, the learner must be hard working and motivated with an interest to learn new skills, with excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Minimum of 3 GCSE’s or equivalent - A-C in English and Maths required.
- A full time career within the automotive industry with many opportunities to progress to positions of responsibility including a Service Manager, Master Technician and Dealership Principles.
- The opportunities are endless.
- By having a highly regarded set of skills, Apprentices can go on to develop their career within the specific interests they may have, progressing through their dealership and be an asset to Ford Motor Company.
About the employer
Not only will Apprentices be working and be trained within the garage they will attend a Ford approved college four times a year for two week periods to work towards to achieve their Ford Masters Technical Certificate at VRQ Level 2 and/or 3. An advisor will visit at least every 6-8 weeks as part of a close support network to ensure that Apprentices are both enjoying and succeeding in their course. An Apprentice’s training includes:
- Industry recognised framework qualification.
- Functional Skills (ICT, Maths and English).
- VRQ Level 2 and/or Level 3.
- Vocational related qualification (technical certificate).
- Ford Masters Level 1 technician modules.
Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Skillnet
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2017