Laboratory Technician Apprenticeship Anochrome Group Limited
Excellent opportunity working for an established insurance company based in the West Midlands with over 60 years experience.
Closing date: today
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
26 Sep 2017
06 Sep 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
- Analysis of all processes in line with schedules or as work load dictates
- Maintain a clean and orderly laboratory area, be responsible for daily clean ups.
- Add or advise on chemicals to be added to production line baths
- Assist to maintain logs for chemical additions and inventory.
- Ensure all Product testing & Development Matrixes are completed as required
- Advise & Supervise low level solution maintenance.
- Product development Inc. the preparation & testing of paint test panels, Sample parts & testing as required
- Mixing of Paint for Production Processes
- Ensuring the latest issue of Product data sheets are held & issued as required
- Maintaining the Laboratory Procedures & Records.
- Oven monitoring & control
- Conduct health & safety audits
Requirements and prospects
Computer literate and effective team player
- Positive attitude
- Motivated and enthusiastic
- This position requires a good standard of education especially in chemistry based subjects.
- Laboratory experience or experience within the Metal finishing industry would be a distinct advantage.
- Basic computer skills are required (Word, Excel, etc.).
- Candidate must be able to travel to work on time.
Things to consider
About the employer
NVQ Level 3 in Laboratory and Science Technicians.
Laboratory and Science Technicians
CITY OF WOLVERHAMPTON COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by City of Wolverhampton College
Laura Head 01902 834249 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: today