Apprentice Personal Trainer Level 3 Purbeck Sports & Recreation Club
If you are a fitness fan looking to get into a career as a Personal Trainer following completion your L2 Fitness Instructor Certificate,then this is an exciting opportunity to join The Purbeck Sports Centre. This role includes administration,customer service and providing practical training skills within a commercial & educational gym environment.
Closing date: 22 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
25 Oct 2017
06 Sep 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
If you are a fitness fan and looking to get into a career as a Training & Fitness Advisor after completing your Level 2 Fitness Instructor Certificate, then this is an exciting opportunity to join The Purbeck Sports Centre. Apprentices will be expected to provide support across the Sports Centre. Day to day duties will include assisting members of the team in the completion of their duties and will include but are not limited to the following;
- Act as first point of contact in the Gym.
- Completing gym inductions for new customers.
- Providing assistance to existing gym customers.
- Cleaning/maintain the Gym and Studio’s.
- Lifeguard the pool.
- Dry-side activity and court rigging and de-rigging.
- Ensure a high standard of cleanliness and safety in all areas of the building during your shift.
- Receptionist duties, as and when required.
- Carry out/assist with appropriate administration tasks.
- Attend and participate in meetings including monthly Team Briefs and attend staff training sessions when required.
- Produce good quality information which meets the needs of the user, is easy to understand, reliable, accurate, complete and timely: ensure that data and information are securely stored and confidentiality is maintained where applicable.
- Observe equality and diversity practices and procedures and promote equal opportunities at all times.
- Discharge such other reasonable duties appropriate to the appointment and grading of the post as may be assigned from time to time.
Requirements and prospects
- Previous experience of working in a sports environment Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Numeracy Skills
- IT Skills
- Able to work on own initiative working within boundaries
- Work as part of a team willing to support colleagues
- Great customer service
- Polite and professional telephone manner
- Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision
- Ability to work autonomously with self-drive and determination
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to apply learning in the workplace and demonstrate the potential to complete all the qualifications which are part of the Apprenticeship framework
- Flexible, can do attitude
- Good sense of humour
- 3 GCSEs grades A-C including English or equivalent
- Level 2 Fitness Instructor Certificate or equivalent
- Lifeguard qualification
Things to consider
About the employer
- NVQ Level 3 Personal Training
- Employee Rights & Responsibilities
- Personal Learning & Thinking Skills
- Functional Skills
Exercise and Fitness
BOURNEMOUTH AND POOLE COLLEGE, THE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Bournemouth & Poole College
Annie Avison 01202 205486 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 22 Oct 2017