Apprentice Dental Nurse The Avenue Dental Surgery
Working in a well-established Dental practice in the Leigh area, you will be working and training as a Dental Nurse, working on a one to one basis with the Dentist and the dental team.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
01 Oct 2017
05 Sep 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Working as a Dental Nurse Apprentice, you will be training whilst working within a Dental Surgery, you will have many task to do within your working day and will be an important part of the team.
Working on a 1-2-1 basis with the Dentist to working with other clinical staff, including hygienist and nurses. Part of the role will include working on the reception, meeting and greeting the customers. So being able to keep clam in a busy environment is essential.
The duties included in the role as a Dental Nurse are list below:
- Chairside support for the Dentist and Hygienist
- Assisting the Dentist with procedures
- Working as part of team
- Ensuring the surgery is clean and tidy and ready for the patients
- Making sure the Health and Safety of the practice is not compromised, all used equipment to be cleaned and stored correctly
- Greeting Customers
If you feel you have the skills and ability to be successful, then this may be the right role for you.
- Working hours 9am-5pm Monday – Thursday and Friday 9am -3pm
- 34 hours over 5 days
- Lunch- 1pm-2pm
- Holidays- 20 days per year
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Good people skills
- Ability to keep calm under pressure
- Good time keeping
- Good time management
- GCSE A-C grade (or equivalent)
Things to consider
About the employer
The Avenue Dental Surgery
- Dental Nurse Level 3
- Functional Skills Level 2 Maths and English
- Ongoing support and training from the Employer and training provider
Dental health > Dental Nurse
START TRAINING LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by START TRAINING LTD
Anthony Tavakol 01617282438 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017