Apprentice Commis Chef Tudor Hotel & Restaurant
An exciting opportunity to join the team as an Apprentice Commis Chef. You will receive excellent training with a highly experienced head chef.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
01 Nov 2017
05 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
As an Apprentice Commis Chef you will receive excellent training with a highly experienced head chef.
For this role you will:
- Learn all sections within the kitchen, including: Prep, Starters, Mains and deserts
- Ensure all products are fresh, appealing and within sell by dates.
- Inspect dishes for quality, temperature and attractiveness before serving & garnishing.
- Ensure that all the company's standards are adhered to at all times
- Be a valued team member, create and maintain a good team spirit.
- Ensure that we meet and exceed our customer's expectations.
- Ensures that stock is stored correctly and securely and follow stock rotation.
- Provide back up during service.
- Follow Food Safety and H&S legislations
- Ensures all cleaning is carried out in accordance with the cleaning schedule
- Operate to Company standards and procedures
- Prepare, cook and present food, to Company standards, under the direction of the Head Chef.
In return you will receive excellent training from a highly experienced head chef as well as completing your Commis Chef qualification through HIT Training. As part of your training, you will attend the Chef Academy workshops to develop and refine the skills you have learnt.
Requirements and prospects
Enthusiastic, Hardworking, Motivated and eager to learn
Things to consider
About the employer
Commis Chef Level 2 Apprenticeship
Commis Chef Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard
Functional Skills Level 1
Hospitality > Commis Chef
HIT TRAINING LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by HIT Training Ltd
Angelo Moore 07940515317 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2017