Hospitality and Catering Apprentice CANTARIA LTD
Are you passionate about food and looking for a challenging Apprenticeship? This is an exciting opportunity to join the growing team at Cantaria.
Closing date: 24 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
02 Oct 2017
05 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Cantaria is a fast growing diverse hospitality company; we are looking for committed and driven individuals to join us on our exciting journey.
As a Hospitality and Catering Apprentice your role will be incredibly varied, you will spend time at all three of our popular eateries and will gain exposure to all aspects of the Hospitality industry and will be encouraged to develop your own ideas throughout this exciting Apprenticeship.
Key Duties will include:
- Assisting with the development of the menus
- Assisting with external catering
- Assisting with event organisation
- Liaising with suppliers/customers
- Dealing with initial enquiries/bookings
- Kitchen documentation/procedures
- Assisting with preparing breakfasts/afternoon teas
- Assist in the opening, closing down and cleaning of the kitchens
- Working at external functions (parties/weddings/conferences)
- Following relevant hygiene, health & safety guidelines
- Learning & developing your knowledge of all relevant health & safety & HACCP regulations
This is an excellent opportunity for the right applicant. For this role it is essential that you will be good at following instructions as well as being able to work using your own initiative.
Weekend work and split shifts could be included in this position; therefore you must be flexible within the working environment and also reliable.
You will be encouraged to attend the Poultec Hospitality academy once a month to develop your skills.
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Attention to detail & Accuracy
- Ability to work under pressure and problem-solve
- Adaptable and receptive to new ideas and procedures
- A passion for good food
- Creativity and imagination
- Good hygiene and personal presentation
- Team player and good interpersonal skills
- Professional, flexible and adaptable approach to work
- Positive attitude/friendly character
- Polite and ambitious
- Good general standard of education English qualification GCSE grade ‘C’ or above OR predicted English GCSE grade ‘C’ or above OR equivalent.
- Must be willing to undertake and successfully complete minimum Level 2 Hospitality & Catering Apprenticeship within the 12 month contract of employment.
Things to consider
About the employer
The twelve month work based Apprenticeship will include the following training:
- City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Hospitality Services
- City & Guilds Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Hospitality & Catering
- City & Guilds Level 1 Functional Skills Maths
- City & Guilds Level 1 Functional Skills English
- Personal Learning & Thinking Skills Workbook
- Employee Rights & Responsibilities Workbook
POULTEC TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Poultec Training Ltd
Ben Gaskins firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 24 Sep 2017