IT Support Executive PRINCIPLES COMMUNICATIONS LIMITED
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an IT Support Executive with Principles Communications, a Marketing Agency, based in Headingley, Leeds.
Closing date: 16 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
30 Oct 2017
04 Sep 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Principles Communications currently have an opportunity for an IT Support Executive to join our team to work on all aspects of IT support and service delivery for our 60 employees.
Working closely with the IT Director, you will be responsible for managing the Agency’s hardware and software. You will act as the first point of contact for all IT service issues, for both software and hardware problems across each of the divisions of the group.
Although you will have support from the IT Director, you will have demonstrable experience of working on your own initiative and liaising with staff of all levels.
As an IT Support Executive your role will be to manage the Group’s IT on a daily basis resolving any IT issues in a busy working environment as a key member of the IT team. You will also assist the IT Director in the day-to-day maintenance of the IT infrastructure and support as well as working on ad hoc projects. With good time management, prioritisation and communication skills, you will take a calm approach to a demanding role.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Creating and maintaining user accounts / security for the Microsoft Network.
- Ensuring that we have a successful backup of the file servers each day.
- Ensuring our data security standards are maintained.
- Installing and upgrading hardware and software.
- Supporting all PC and Mac users within the Group.
- Liaising with hardware and software support companies.
- Providing users with advice and training as required.
Telephone System Administration
- Ensuring that the switchboard and voice mail systems are fully operational at all times.
- Liaising with hardware suppliers and telecom companies.
- Deploying hardware and software.
- Ensure that stocks consumables stocks are at appropriate levels.
- Assisting Group clients as required.
- Liaising with any other third party companies as is necessary.
Requirements and prospects
- A minimum of 12 months previous experience or level 3 qualification or equivalent.
- An ability to diagnose technical and configuration issues in a windows environment.
- An ability to resolve and troubleshoot faults is essential.
- A good understanding of networks.
- Experience of working with Windows servers in an active directory environment and experience of Apple OSX is desirable.
- Good communication skills.
- Organised and able to prioritise workloads.
5 GCSEs at grades A*- C or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
About the employer
PRINCIPLES COMMUNICATIONS LIMITED
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive ten weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual assessment, and help and guidance from a dedicated trainer who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- PC Fundamentals and & Customer Service Skills
- Business Processes & Network Fundamentals
- Cloud Services
- Coding & Logic
- Networking and Architecture
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.
Digital Industries > Infrastructure Technician
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Estio Technology Recruitment Ltd
Chloe Adams 01133500333 Chloe.Adams@estio.co.uk
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 16 Oct 2017