Customer Service and Finance Apprentice JTD BUILDING SUPPLIES LIMITED
This is an exciting opportunity to work for JTD Building Supplies. We would like you to develop and gain a high level of Customer Service Skills during and by the end of your apprenticeship. The role is varies and will involve some finance and admini
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
30 Sep 2017
08 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
We require you to undertake the Customer Service Standard as we require the candidate to have a Customer focussed approach.
The role will involve the following:
- Meeting and greeting customers face to face
- Speaking to customers by telephone in a professional manner
- Speaking to other external organisations by telephone in a professional manner
- Speaking to suppliers by telephone in a professional manner
- Making telephone calls to customers in a professional manner
- Making telephone calls to other external organisations
- Updating customers on their orders
- Inputting Financial information on to the system
- Corresponding financial information to customers electronically and verbally
- Processing Sales Invoices
- Verifying suppliers invoices, manually, electronically and verbally
- Working with money
- Dealing with the banking and communicating with the bank on the transactions being made.
- Dealing with Credit Control and speaking to the customers on a regular basis.
- Chasing up payments
- Using Microsoft Packages, in particular Word, Excel etc
- Inputting data onto internal systems with a high level of accuracy
- Assisting all members of the team as and when required
- Dealing with requests for information
- Ensuring that the Policies of the company are observed and that good practice is encouraged, particularly in the areas of Health & Safety, Equal Opportunities and confidentiality.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by the organisation which is relevant to your post within the company to meet the overall business objectives.
Requirements and prospects
- Somebody who is a good verbal communicator who has a polite, clear and professional telephone manner.
- Must have a good level of literacy skills.
- IT literate and have a good understanding of Microsoft Packages.
- Required to work to deadlines, with good time management.
- Good numeracy skills.
- Confident in using email and the internet.
- The successful candidate will be organised.
- Willing to work effectively in the team.
- An enthusiastic individual
- Flexible approach to work, willing to go the extra mile to get the job done
- Must be punctual as well as having a good attendance record
- Ability to work on own initiative, when required
- Ability to work effectively as both part of a team and as an individual,
- Respond positively to the demands of a varied workload.
- Friendly and approachable.
- Commitment to undertake continued training and development.
- Grade C or above in Maths and English or equivalent would be preferred but each person will be considered on their individual merits.
- No experience needed but a good positive attitude to learn on the job is essential.
There is a strong possibility that you will gain a permanent position following successful employment as well as achievement of the full apprenticeship qualification.
There may also be further apprenticeship/other training available following successful employment and achievement of the apprenticeship qualifications
Things to consider
There are good bus links from Huddersfield Town Centre. It would take 30 mins from the town centre to arrive at the premesis.
Please check the time it will take for you to travel as well as the cost.
About the employer
We are your local independent builder’s merchant supplying building materials to construction firms, trade customers and DIY enthusiasts, across the Holme Valley, Huddersfield and beyond.
Overview of Customer Service Apprenticeship Standard
The role of a customer service practitioner is to deliver high quality products and services to the customers of their organisation. Your core responsibility will be to provide a high quality service to customers.
The standard covers the following:
Knowing your customers
Understanding the organisation
Meeting regulations and legislation
Systems and resources
Your role and responsibility
Product and service knowledge
Dealing with customer conflict and challenge
Behaviours / Attitude
Being open to feedback
Equality – treating all customers as individuals
Presentation – dress code, professional language
“Right first time”
Functional Skill: Level 1 and then L2 in Maths and English (Exemptions may apply if Grade A - C GCSE, Functional/Key Skills Level 1 or 2 has been achieved.
Customer service > Customer Service Practitioner
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Kirklees College
Following applying for this vacancy the first stage, after your initial application, will be to attend an interview with Nichola Barnes at Kirklees College, Huddersfield. If you do not attend this interview your application will not progress any further.
For any further information on this vacancy please contact Nichola Barnes at Kirklees College on E-mail: email@example.com
or Tel: 01484 437066/07788390025
NO CONTACT should be made with the employer at this initial stage, the College is more than happy to help you with any queries you may have.
Candidates will be asked to complete a literacy & numeracy assessment as part of their application.
The salary may be negotiable. This will depend on experience.
The salary may also increase after a probationary period, if the budget allows, following successful employment and production of the required work towards achieving the qualifications towards the apprenticeship training programme.
This vacancy may close early if sufficient applications are received. Please ensure you apply early to avoid disappointment.
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017