Apprentice Dental Nurse Rowtree Dental Surgery
An exciting opportunity to work in a dental practice while gaining an apprenticeship qualification. Duties will include assisting in the provision and delivery of dental care to patients, reception duties and decontamination/sterilising in the surgery.
Closing date: 06 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
09 Oct 2017
04 Sep 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Duties will include assisting in the provision and delivery of dental care to patients, reception duties and decontamination/sterilising in the surgery.
In-house training will be given by an experienced team and the Apprenticeship qualification will be provided in the workplace.
The ideal candidate will have grade C’s GCSE or above (or equivalent) in English and Maths. They must be organised, with good communication skills, be computer literate, keen to learn, be of smart and professional appearance at all times and have a positive attitude.
Rowtree Dental Care are looking to recruit a hardworking, reliable and enthusiastic person who wants to develop a career in dental nursing.
We are a friendly and well established practice in Northampton and are looking for someone to join our growing team.
Our ideal candidate would have a professional approach with a mature and hardworking attitude. They would provide excellent patient care and show commitment to their work.
As a Dental Nurse your duties would include:
- Providing chair side assistance to the dentist
- Ensure the care and welfare of patients
- Preparing and maintaining the clinical environment
- Sterilisation of instruments
- Mixing materials
- Charting on the computer
- Complying with strict cross infection procedures
- Developing digital x-rays
- Ensure adequate stocks of materials are within the surgery
- Carrying out some reception and administrative tasks
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Computer literate
- Keen to learn
- Smart and professional appearance at all times, wearing a clean, presentable uniform and have a positive attitude
- GCSE Maths and English Grade C and above (or equivalent)
- All grades disclosed will be checked on your Personal Learning Record before you application is submitted to the Dental Practice
Things to consider
About the employer
- Diploma in Dental Nursing Level 3
- Functional Skills in English and Maths
- Health and Safety
- Equality and Diversity
- First Aid at Work
Dental health > Dental Nurse
ANDERSON STOCKLEY ACCREDITED TRAINING LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Anderson Stockley Accredited Training Ltd
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 06 Oct 2017