Marine Engineering Apprenticeship Princess Motor Yacht Sales Holdings Limited
To be support to our senior carpenters in boat preparation and customisation.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
09 Oct 2017
07 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Shipwright Apprentice, using carpentry skills to customise luxury yachts to an owner’s specification. Support the retro fit team with retro preparation of boat prior to work being under take. Finish and clean boat post work to the highest of standard prior to handover.
Duties to include, but not be limited to;
- Retro Job preparation and protection of boats interior before commencing work
- Support senior carpenters and engineering team in specified jobs
- Flexibility to work irregular hours if required
- Able to travel to European destinations to support the team where required
Requirements and prospects
- Good timekeeping and attendance
- Good concentration
- Good attention to detail
- Able to take jobs through to a completion ready to handover to the client
- Interested in learning a skill as a shipwright/carpenter
- Able to work in a team
- Able to take instruction
GCSEs (or equivalent) in:
- English (C)
- Maths (C)
- Science and/or DT (C)
Things to consider
About the employer
All training to be provided by City College Plymouth in collaboration with the company themselves throughout the duration of the apprenticeship.
Your apprenticeship may consist of the following components:
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma
- Level 2 Technical Certificate
- Level 1 Functional Skills in English and Maths
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
All components will be agreed upon before the start of the apprenticeship.
CITY COLLEGE PLYMOUTH
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by City College Plymouth
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017