Apprentice Butcher Cranswick Country Foods (Norfolk) Ltd
Do you want to earn whilst you learn? Cranswick Country Foods are looking for Apprentice Butchers to join us and develop careers with us.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
06 Nov 2017
05 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Cranswick Country Foods in Watton, Norfolk is serious about its quality pork products. Now we’re hungry for talented people to join us. It’s win win; you achieve your potential, we achieve our ambitious growth plans.
This Butchery apprenticeship is the perfect starting point for someone looking to develop a skill they can make a career out of.
You will work with a highly experienced team of butchers and undertake the following:
- Gain an understanding of all the different cuts of pork.
- Knife skills.
- Full range of butchery and trimming skills for all cuts of pork.
- Gain a commercial understanding of what cuts go to which products and customers.
We are looking for reliable, keen individuals with good communication skills and a genuine interest in butchery. You need to enjoy physical activities and working to targets. You must be willing to listen and have a great work ethic to learn the art of good butchery skills and hopefully go on to be an established member of the growing team at Cranswick Country Foods.
We are part of the multi-million pound Cranswick Plc.; with over 15 sites across the UK, the career opportunities are endless.
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Good time keeping.
- A keen interest in developing Butchery skills.
- Great work ethic.
- Keen to learn.
- Good general standard of education; Maths and English qualifications GCSE grade ‘D’ or above OR predicted Maths and English GCSE grades ‘D’ or above OR equivalent.
Things to consider
About the employer
The twelve month work based Apprenticeship will include the following training:
- FDQ Level 2 Certificate in the Proficiency of Meat & Poultry Skills.
- City & Guilds Level 1 Functional Skills Maths.
- City & Guilds Level 1 Functional Skills English.
- Employee Rights & Responsibilities Workbook.
- Personal Learning & Thinking Skills Workbook.
Sessional Monthly Workshops @ Poultec Training Centre in Mattishall with our master butcher:
- Pork Butchery.
- Burger and Sausage Making.
- Lamb Butchery.
- Beef Forequarter.
- BBQ Packs.
- Venison Butchery.
- Value Added Packs.
- Ready Meals.
- Beef Hindquarter.
- Poultry & Game Dressing.
Food and Drink
POULTEC TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Poultec Training Ltd
Ben Gaskins firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2017