Human Resources Apprentice Loughborough College
Loughborough College is seeking an enthusiastic, conscientious and flexible HR Apprentice to join its busy HR department. You will be providing support predominantly to the Learning and Development area as well as more general support across the HR department.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
02 Oct 2017
05 Sep 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
The successful candidate will have attention for detail and will be meticulous about accuracy. There will be the opportunity to have involvement in the more generalist remit of the department. This is a great opportunity for somebody to develop their skills, knowledge and experience as part of a small, but very supportive team. You will have the opportunity to study and gain a business administration qualification.
- To provide administrative support to the HR Team to support delivery of a high quality service to the College.
Learning and Development:
- Support the delivery of the annual L&D plan through researching development opportunities, co-ordinating training and maintaining accurate records.
- Input and manage training related data maintaining high levels of accuracy.
- Collate, input and monitor mandatory training compliance.
- Liaise with the Procurement team to ensure timely bookings of courses and associated travel.
- Ensure compliance with the College personal induction plan and probationary review process and maintain of accurate records.
- Update and maintain on-line college welcome/induction page.
- Input information into the College online appraisal system ensuring details are accurate and up to date.
- Support the delivery of cross college development initiatives e.g. CPD days.
- Update and maintain the College weekly alert communication tool.
- Update and maintain the HR and Learning & Development SharePoint pages.
- Creation of ad hoc publications as required.
- Create training materials as required.
- Deliver basic training sessions as required.
General HR administration;
- Support the HR team with general administration tasks including obtaining references, typing, photocopying and filing.
- Provide advice and guidance to staff.
- Contribute to team projects as directed.
- Ensure both electronic and manual filing systems are kept up to date.
- Be prepared to work flexible hours to meet the needs of the department.
Requirements and prospects
- IT skills including creation, use and maintenance of Microsoft Office packages.
- Good attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent organisation and prioritising skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Administration support in a professional environment.
- Administration in a FE/HE environment.
- Processing and inputting of data.
- Working to tight deadlines and managing changing priorities.
- Communicating with a variety of different people.
- Willingness to work flexible hours.
- Positive, pro-active and solution-based approach to work with a genuine can-do attitude.
- Work effectively as a team member.
- Confidential and discrete approach.
- Commitment to equality and safeguarding.
- English and Maths GCSE grade C or equivalent.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Diploma Level 3 in Business Administration.
- Technical Certificate.
- Functional Skills if required.
Business and Administration
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Loughborough College
Jill Fox email@example.com
Before you apply
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017