IT Apprentice Phoenix Fragrances Ltd
Phoenix are about to implement a new in house IT system. They are looking for a passionate and dynamic apprentice who can help build and create this system and continue to maintain it in house.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
02 Oct 2017
05 Sep 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
We are about to start implementing a new IT system within our company. We are looking for an apprentice who can help in the implementation of the new SAP B1 system (internal training will be provided).
Afterwards, the apprentice's duties will include:
- Sourcing and building new computers, as well as networking them.
- Installing the required applications onto the new computers.
- Pulling data from legacy systems (delta 5).
- Updating IT inventory lists.
- Upgrading existing computers from 32-bit to 64-bit systems.
- Providing support and documentation for SAP B1.
- Creating reports.
Requirements and prospects
- Computer literate.
- Understanding of networking.
- Experience of building computers.
- Can work on own and use your initiative to resolve IT problems.
- Positive attitude.
- Up for a challenge.
- A minimum 5 GCSE’s C and above including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents).
Things to consider
About the employer
- Throughout the duration of your Apprenticeship (typically 15 months), you will be required to attend the 3aaa Technology Academy in Northampton for 30 days of training, across five months featuring structured training.
- The remainder of your training will be completed in the workplace with your employer.
- You will work towards a Level 3 Apprenticeship standard – Infrastructure Technician.
The qualifications consist of:
- Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable).
- Knowledge Module 1 - Networking and Architecture.
- Knowledge Module 2 - Mobile and Operating Systems.
- Knowledge Module 3 - Cloud Services.
- Knowledge Module 4 - Coding and Logic.
- Knowledge Module 5 - Business Processes.
- One vendor certification selected based on your job role and individual capabilities. (Typically a Microsoft Technical Associate (MTA) certification)
Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS)
Digital Industries > Infrastructure Technician
ASPIRE ACHIEVE ADVANCE LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by ASPIRE ACHIEVE ADVANCE
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017