Childcare Apprenticeship Happy Tots Day Nursery (Furness) Limited
An apprenticeship gives you the opportunity to gain a recognised qualification whilst working in a nursery learning all of the practical skills and knowledge needed to be successful. You will work alongside trained practitioners, being supported & mentored to ensure that you fulfil your potential and become the best practitioner that you can be.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
02 Oct 2017
05 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- As a Nursery Nurse Apprentice you will be expected to work as part of the nursery team.
- You will have the opportunity to work alongside experienced and highly qualified nursery nurses that will support you along the way.
- You will be given time to meet with your Tutor on site and given time and support to complete all aspects of your qualification.
- As you gain more experience you will be given the opportunity to plan activities and learn how to maintain records and assessments, under the guidance of your room leader, these responsibilities will increase as per the requirements of your course.
- You will be required to provide a safe and caring environment to all children at all times.
Requirements and prospects
- Ideally you will have some personal experience of looking after children whether its younger siblings or children of friends and relatives.
- Great communication skills.
- Great with children.
- Mature and responsible attitude.
- Patient and kind.
- A positive attitude and an ability to work as part of a team.
- Willing to learn.
- Ideally you will have a GCSE or equivalent grade C or above in Maths and English but support will be provided to help you achieve these if you do not already possess them.
Things to consider
About the employer
- A full NVQ L2 diploma in Childcare - Children & Young People's Workforce
- Functional skills in Maths and English if you do not already possess a GCSE grade C or above / L2 equivalent.
Children and Young People's Workforce
NC TRAINING LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Cumbria Training Centre
Cassandra Nolan 01229838892 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2017