IT Applications Support Apprentice CSC
** Fantastic Apprenticeship opportunity** working for the world’s leading independent, comprehensive IT services company. Based in Chesterfield you will work within DXC secure applications delivery.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
02 Oct 2017
04 Sep 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
The role of the IT Applications Support Apprentice is a technical role within DXC Secure Applications Delivery. The post holder is required to be a technical apprentice prepared to learn IT application support functions. You will be able to form links with other technical team members of the Group, other lines of service within DXC, the Customers and Third Party Vendors. It is also the responsibility of the apprentice to adhere to department procedures, incident and problem management and escalation etc.
Essential Job Functions:
- Is flexible in working across leveraged IT application support teams on several client accounts.
- Gathers information from users for analysis of technical problem areas.
- The resolution of incidents and problems presented to the team by end users whether these be live issues, requests for advice & guidance, or routine maintenance requests. These are to be maintained within SLA targets.
- Assists the supports team with gathering requirements from a technical perspective and creating documentation for application systems and audit purposes.
- Aspires to and is capable of achieving the role of Application Developer through a mixture of formal training and on-the-job learning.
Requirements and prospects
A knowledge of or the desire to learn the following
- Development languages such as Java, c#, PHP, Python plus
- Understands the business context and market environment for software development
- The structure of software applications
- Stages of the software development lifecycle
- The role of configuration management and version control systems and how to apply them.
- How to test their code (e.g. unit testing)
- Understands the particular context for the development platform (whether web, mobile, or desktop applications)
- How to implement code following a logical approach
- Good interpersonal skills to interact well with customers and team members
- Good communication skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Proactive thinker with a can-do attitude
- Good problem determination skills
- Able to follow direction of team lead
- A minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths and English (or equivalents)
Things to consider
About the employer
Throughout the duration of your Apprenticeship (typically 15 months) you will be required to attend the 3aaa Technology Academy in Sheffield for 16 days of training. The remainder of your training will be completed in the workplace with your Employer. You will work towards a Level 3 Apprenticeship standard –Software Development Technician. The qualifications consist of:
- Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable)
- Knowledge Module 1 – Software Development Methodologies Part 1 (Introduction)
- Knowledge Module 2 – Programming Part 1 (Introduction)
- Knowledge Module 1 – Software Development Methodologies Part 2 (Plus Exam)
- Knowledge Module 2 – Programming Part 2 (Plus Exam)
Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS)
Digital Industries > Software Development Technician
ASPIRE ACHIEVE ADVANCE LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Aspire Achieve Advance Limited
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017