Apprentice Bricklayer, Mansfield Rippon Homes Ltd
Join a well-known and respected home building company as an Apprentice Bricklayer, learning a valued trade to create the foundations of your career. We are seeking Two new apprentices to join our team.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
14 Oct 2017
04 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Learn how to be a valuable part of a building gang and experience various methods of bricklaying.
- Learn how to work with raw materials to create buildings from plans and architect drawings.
- Work within health and safety guidelines in relation to lifting and moving raw materials.
- Learn how to lay bricks in line with building specification.
It is important that you are able to travel within a specified area for work purposes. At present, sites are in Mansfield, Tibshelf and soon to be another in Skegby.
Applicants will be required to attend an Assessment Centre with Vision Apprentices as part of the screening process.
Requirements and prospects
- Self-motivated & reliable.
- Confidence with meeting/speaking to new people and conversing with ease.
- Genuine interest in the sector.
- Time management skills.
- Organisational skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Smart professional appearance.
- GCSE Grades A to C or equivalent are essential, specifically Maths and English, 2017 grading system, grade 9 – grade 4.
Things to consider
About the employer
Rippon Homes Ltd
- Vision Business is part of the West Nottinghamshire College Group. West Nottinghamshire College is one of the largest and most successful colleges in the country with a well-earned reputation for excellence particularly in the areas of apprenticeships. The college was named a national Beacon College in 2009. With 30,000 students nationwide and links with over 2,000 employers, we are a high-profile centre of education that is well known for producing work-ready, ambitious and highly-skilled individuals. We offer apprenticeships, advanced apprenticeships and adult apprenticeships in a range of sector specialisms.
- An apprenticeship is an on the job learning programme that allows you, the apprentice, to earn a wage, gain valuable work experience and industry specific competence. You will be expected to work towards theory elements in addition to putting the theory into practice, some of this will be in your own time.
- As part of your apprenticeship and dependent on your prior attainment you may be required to complete Maths, English and ICT Functional Skills which are an integral part of your apprenticeship. Upon successful completion you will be awarded additional certificates of recognition.
- Vision Business will also work with you to ensure your knowledge of Employment Rights and Responsibilities are at the required level for an apprentice.
- Should you have any questions or wish to discuss this or any other vacancy please call the Vision Apprentices team on 01623 627191 extension 8799.
VISION WEST NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Vision West Nottinghamshire College
Karen Millward 01623 627 191 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017