Apprentice Dispensary Assistant Mayford House Surgery
We are a friendly and innovative GP Practice looking to offer a position for an Apprentice Dispensary Assistant within our team. Our Dispensary Team consists of a Manager and two experienced Dispensary Assistants. It is a busy environment, however, is well supported.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
01 Oct 2017
04 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Duties will include:
- To attend to patients both at the hatch and on the telephone promptly and courteously
- Issuing of pre-prepared medication
- Completing prescriptions where required if not already completed
- To operate the till and card system as required when payments are made
- Assist with computerised stock input
- Inputting batch numbers and expiry dates to computer
- Checking invoices when deliveries are made in order to ensure all items arrived and charged correctly
- Rotate stock on shelves as items stored
- Maintaining stocks of stationery – prescriptions, labels, bags, cartons, bottles, tops, etc
- Other reasonable requests as per Management
Requirements and prospects
- Customer service skills both face to face and telephone
- Good computer skills
- Ability to work methodically
- Able to deal with confidential information and follow set processes
- Attention to detail
- Hard-working individual
- Eager to learn
- Professionalism within the workplace
- Positive attitude
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Team player
No formal qualifications required.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Level 2 Certificate in Pharmacy Service Skills (NVQ/QCF)
- BTEC Level 2 Certificate in Pharmaceutical Science
- Functional Skills Maths and English Level 1 (with the option to complete Level 2)
- Employer Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
Health - Pharmacy Services
BUTTERCUPS TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Buttercups Training Limited
Alex Zielinska 0115 937 4936 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017