Health & Safety Apprentice Iac Group
The overall purpose of this role is to develop and implement Health & Safety, environmental best practice, ensuring the Plant complies with current health and safety, environmental legislation, approved codes of practice and guidance in relation to employment and service provision.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
02 Oct 2017
04 Sep 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
This role involves working proactively with managers to establish and maintain safe systems of work and a safe environment for colleagues.
The Health & Safety, environmental apprentice will be responsible for the implementation of the day to day health and safety and environmental plan, particularly the HSE processes and procedures.
Furthermore the position is responsible to ensure that HSE is value added and respected throughout the Plant, this will involve being involved with, H&S audits, inspections, monitoring and compliance. The Health & Safety environmental apprentice communicates on a regular basis with the UK Health, Safety and Environmental Manager in order to develop and implement uniformed methods and practices throughout all locations of the IAC Group.
Some Duties and tasks will involve the following:
- Carry out Internal HSE audits
- PPE management
- Fire audits and inspections
- Monitor and manage the First aid supplies.
- Carry out test on emergency chemical showers.
- Be involved with the H&S manager for inductions
- Conduct health and safety factory walks.
- Willing to learn environmental impact and aspects assessments
- To carry out administrative health and safety duties
- Implement and apply the Corporate Health, Safety and Environmental Policy across the plant
- Develop, implement and evaluate a health & safety roadmap/action plan for the Plant
- Develop, implement and maintain systems, within the structure of the EIMS, to ensure maintenance of the current ISO 14001 and OHSAS-18001 certification.
- Perform Risk Assessments for HSE and determine / implement risk reduction measures
- Assist line managers to investigate accidents / incidents in a timely manner and ensure any subsequent corrective actions are identified, valid, and implemented.
- Organise the site HSE Committee and report on plant issues regularly.
- Identify and deliver employee training needs in relation to health & safety
- Develop and implement strategies and programs to effectively reduce occupational injuries and illnesses and manage PI claims as necessary
- Assist line managers in implementing health & safety systems and procedures to meet specific requirements, including, accident reporting, manual handling and control of substance hazardous to health (COSHH), in a consistent and effective manner.
- Monitor HSE performance, identify and establish corrective and preventive actions.
- Monitor national and local legal requirements for environmental and health & safety.
- Provide HSE Data to MOS on plant level and manage the collection, storage and analysis of accident and other health and safety data to identify trends and recommend corrective action.
- Communicate with local authorities and relevant parties for all environmental and health & safety issues
HS&E plant representative with authority to Co Ordinate activities in the event of potential hazards to the environment and /or the Health & Safety of employees.
Requirements and prospects
- Knowledge of customer base, manufacturing processes and capabilities, company products, technology, capacity and efficiencies.
- Knowledge and understanding of applicable regulatory requirements.
- Qualified System Auditor for ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 and preferable ISO 9001 - ISO/TS 16949 (advantageous - not essential)
- Good operational knowledge of PC applications like Microsoft Office
- Requires excellent communication interaction skills at all levels
- Ability to and willingness to learn and develop within the health and safety team
- High level of diplomacy and the ability to relate to people from all areas of the business
NEBOSH General certificate OR health and safety experience 3 years would be advantageous but not essential.
Things to consider
About the employer
The successful candidate will be trained onsite by a Valkyrie tutor in order to achieve the Advanced Apprenticeship in Operations & Quality Improvement.
Improving Operational Performance
Performance Through People
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Valkyrie Support Services Ltd
Charlotte Harvey 01889 566263 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017