IT Service Desk Agent Apprentice Hewlett Packard
Do you have a passion for technology and a supportive approach towards customers? If so Hewlett-Packard, Manpower have more opportunities to join the IT Service Desk Agents team on site at Peterlee in Durham and want to hear from you today!
Closing date: 13 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
18 Oct 2017
01 Sep 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
This is an opportunity to become a member of a helpful team of IT Service Desk Agents providing an exceptional service and support to customers on behalf of Hewlett-Packard, Manpower.
As the successful apprentice, you will be required to:
- deliver a first line support service via the Service Desk, receiving incidents and service requests from various routes including telephone and e-mail.
- Offer advice to end users and customers on all areas of IT, troubleshooting and ensuring desk standards are met. This will include working as part of a team, in order to share knowledge and work together to increase performance standards.
- Actively troubleshoot to identify, assess, record, resolve and / or escalate incidents and service requests ensuring they are handled within an agreed time limit, within agreed processes and in a professional and customer sensitive manner.
- Help to implement and improve processes and procedures within the team allowing strong service focused deliverables.
- To improve users confidence in the use of computer software, being empathetic to a variety of new and experienced learners needs.
- Provide information in line with knowledge base to assist the second line support team when contacts are unreasonable.
- You will manage tasks and activities which may require adjustments to priorities in order to satisfy business needs.
- Work within defined deadlines as part of a team and on an individual basis ensuring assigned work is effectively managed.
- Adherence of all Hewlett-Packard, Manpower policies and procedures in the employee handbook and other site-specific policies and procedures including but not limited to: absence reporting and dignity at work.
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Computer Literate both hardware and software
- Logical with a problem solving mindset
- Excellent Verbal Communication Skills including confident and clear telephone user
- Well organised with ability to prioritise multiple tasks
- Adaptable to change
- Willingness to learn new things
- Team player
- Positive Attitude
A minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths and English (or equivalents)
Things to consider
About the employer
Throughout the duration of your Apprenticeship (typically 15 months) you will be required to attend the 3aaa Technology Academy in Newcastle for 30 days of training across five months featuring structured training. The remainder of your training will be completed in the workplace with your Employer. You will work towards a Level 3 Apprenticeship standard – Infrastructure Technician. The qualifications consist of:
- Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable)
- Knowledge Module 1 - Networking and Architecture
- Knowledge Module 2 - Mobile and Operating Systems
- Knowledge Module 3 - Cloud Services
- Knowledge Module 4 - Coding and Logic
- Knowledge Module 5 - Business Processes
- One vendor certification selected based on your job role and individual capabilities (Typically a Microsoft Technical Associate (MTA) certification)
Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS)
Digital Industries > Infrastructure Technician
ASPIRE ACHIEVE ADVANCE LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by ASPIRE ACHIEVE ADVANCE LIMITED
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 13 Oct 2017