Childcare Apprentice Stepping Stones Day Nursery
Stepping Stones Day Nursery in Totton are looking for an additional nursery apprentice to join our friendly team. This full-time position is available from August and is working with all of our adorable 0 to 4 year old's. You will need to have a passion for a career with young children and a willingness to learn.
Closing date: 28 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
29 Sep 2017
04 Sep 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Stepping Stones Day Nursery in Totton are looking for an additional nursery apprentice to join our friendly team. This full-time position is available from August and is working with all of our adorable 0 to 4 year olds. You will need to have a passion for a career with young children and a willingness to learn.
You will be required to:
- Carry out planned activities as directed by senior staff.
- Provide stimulating activities to enable the child to develop.
- Enforce the procedure for general cleanliness and hygiene of children.
- Assist in the provision of a friendly, secure, safe and clean environment.
- Maintain good written records of children's development on a daily basis.
- Take some active part in weekly rota and planning meeting.
Requirements and prospects
Previous experience in childcare is desirable.
- Willing to learn/train further
- Confident with parents/carers
- A passion for working with children
- GCSE (or equivalent) English, Mathematics, and ICT grade C/4 or above.
- Alternatively Level 1/2 Functional Skills will be considered.
Things to consider
About the employer
You will embark on an NVQ Level 3 Children and Young People's Workforce qualification.
Alongside this, you will complete Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR) and possibly Functional Skills in English, Maths, and ICT (where applicable).
Children and Young People's Workforce
FNTC TRAINING AND CONSULTANCY LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by FNTC Training & Consultancy
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 28 Sep 2017