Nursery Assistant Apprentice Abeona Ltd
Our beautiful and unique nursery combines wide open light and engaging spaces with gorgeous homely rooms such as our home-from-home baby room. Abeona provides a unique nursery experience. Our nursery enjoys a beautiful large garden.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
01 Nov 2017
31 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
As an apprentice your duties will include:
- Help to ensure the safety and security of the children in the setting.
- Assist in promoting children's enjoyment and learning through planned play experiences.
- Support children's care routines such as meal and sleep times.
- Help to prepare, carry out and clear away a wide range of childcare activities.
- Supervise and support children’s play, extending their interests through effective observation and planning and ensuring they feel safe at all times.
- Have knowledge of and implement nursery policies and procedures.
- Assist in maintaining the cleanliness and serviceability of equipment, toys and books, etc. in the nursery.
- Attend in-service training where appropriate and attend staff meetings when required.
- Attend all training as arranged by MSTRS, to meet targets and complete assignments set by your assessor and to endeavour to complete your course effectively and on time.
- Undertake any other duties as directed by senior staff which may reasonably be regarded as within the nature of the position, subject to the provision that any changes of a permanent nature shall be incorporated into the job description in specific terms.
- To maintain confidentiality at all times.
Requirements and prospects
- Communicate effectively with both children and adults
- Have empathy and understand what it is like for a child in a nursery
- Work with others and contribute to the effectiveness of the team
- To respond positively to direction and improve own performance
- Know when to seek advice and support
- Candidate should be available and ready to do flexible or fixed hours
- Candidates must be ready to do long hours stretching out from possible 7.30am – 6.30pm and longer if required (dependant on age)
- Candidates must ready to deal with the tough and physical demands in a childcare set up
- Candidates must be willing to attend training and be enthusiastic as far as their Children and Young People's Workforce qualification and Functional Skills (Maths, English, and ICT - if applicable) are concerned
A*-C in GCSE English and Maths or equivalent qualifications.
About the employer
Training is based upon Edexcel qualifications so at the end of your apprenticeship you will have obtained:
- Level 2 BTEC Award/Certificate in Children and Young People's Workforce
- Level 2 Technical Certificate
- Level 1 Functional Skills (if required)
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Children and Young People's Workforce
WEST BERKSHIRE TRAINING CONSORTIUM
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Manley Summers Training Recruitment Services
Edward Wright Nelson Owusu Osei 02074070015 Edward@manleysummers.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2017