Nursery Nurse Apprentice Alpha Day Nursery
To be trained to do the same post as a Nursery Nurse or Nursery Assistant. To contribute to a high quality caring environment for children. This includes creating a warm, friendly and stimulating atmosphere in which the children can develop emotionally, socially and educationally through individual attention and group activities.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 36.00
Possible start date
01 Nov 2017
01 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Being allocated 1 or 2 key children
- Setting out activities for the children
- Helping with the feeding
- Help to build the children's portfolios
- Helping with preparation of meals
- Helping with the planning of activities
- Helping to provide handovers to parents
Requirements and prospects
A successful candidate will display some or all of the following skills:
- Enthusiasm for working with children with a view of developing a career in childcare
- An interest in the care, development and learning of young children
- Communication, both written and verbal
- Planning and organising
- Problem assessing and solving
- Customer service orientation
- Excellent communication skills, including listening, with adults and children
- Self-motivated and driven individual with a positive 'can-do' attitude
- Caring, compassionate and understanding individual that can work with the continuous needs of young children
- Enthusiastic approach to your work with a willingness to go that extra mile to succeed in this job role
- Commitment and punctuality
- Reliability and trustworthiness
- Imaginative, fun and bubbly
- Approachable, reassuring and willing to work with parents and carers
- Health and safety conscious
GCSEs in Maths, English, and ICT (A*-C) or equivalent qualifications.
About the employer
- Level 2 NVQ in Children and Young People's Workforce
- Level 2 Functional Skills
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Children and Young People's Workforce
WEST BERKSHIRE TRAINING CONSORTIUM
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Manley Summers Training Recruitment Services
Edward Wright Nelson Owusu Osei 02074070015 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2017