Nursery Assistant Apprentice Aplomb Day Nursery Ltd
To be trained to do the same post as a Nursery Nurse or Nursery Assistant, to contribute to a high quality caring environment for children. This includes creating a warm, friendly and stimulating atmosphere in which the children can develop emotionally, socially and educationally through individual attention and group activities.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 36.00
Possible start date
01 Nov 2017
01 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
As an apprentice your duties will include;
- Helping with feeding
- Setting out activities
- Housekeeping such as cleaning
- Planning activities
- Filling up observational paperwork
- Helping to create the children's portfolio's
- Being allocated 1 or 2 key children and watching them at all times
- Helping at lunch
Requirements and prospects
- Good Communication skills
- Organisation skills
- Customer service orientated
- Support all staff and engage in a good staff team
- To attend ALL out of working hours activities, e.g. training, monthly staff meetings, parents evenings summer fair, Christmas party, etc
- To input and contribute to ideas regarding implementation of policies and procedures such as Early Years Foundation Stage
- Leadership and Organisation
- Proactive and Motivated
- Professionalism and Teamwork
- Communication and Listening
- Knowledge Of Children’s Story and Nursery Rhymes
- Flexible and Understanding
- Happy and Funny
GCSE in English, Maths and ICT (A-C) or equivalent.
About the employer
Aplomb Day Nursery Ltd
- Level 2 Children and Young People Workforce NVQ
- Functional Skills (If required)
- Employment Rights & Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
Children and Young People's Workforce
WEST BERKSHIRE TRAINING CONSORTIUM
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Manley Summers Training Recruitment Services
Edward Wright Nelson Owusu Osei 02074070015 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2017