Nursery Assistant Nurses Apprentice Ark of Noah Bilingual Nursery
To be trained to do the same post as a Nursery Nurse or Nursery Assistant. To contribute to a high quality caring environment for children. This includes creating a warm, friendly and stimulating atmosphere in which the children can develop emotionally, socially and educationally through individual attention and group activities.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
01 Nov 2017
01 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Assist in the care, maintenance and security of all equipment and toys within the nursery
- To assist with washing and changing children
- Undertake shared responsibilities for the health, hygiene and cleanliness throughout the nursery
- To ensure that any information received concerning the children is kept confidential at all times
- To actively encourage children’s progress in all areas of development, types and stages of play, by interaction and extension of play activities
- To be responsible for keeping the individual record file for each of the children in the key worker group
- To work as part of a team and support colleagues
- To encourage the participation and involvement of all parents of the children attending the nursery
- To be flexible with the working hours
Requirements and prospects
- Patient, energetic and enthusiastic
- Good communication skills
- Able to act with tact and diplomacy
- Able to build good working relationships
- Willing to work hard
- Prepared to get dirty and messy
- Friendly and cheerful
- Patient, energetic, and enthusiastic
- Good presentation
- Hard working
- Willing to learn
A-C in English and Maths GCSE or equivalent qualifications.
About the employer
Ark of Noah Bilingual Nursery
Training is based upon Edexcel Qualifications so at the end of your Apprenticeship you will have obtained;
- BTEC Level 2 Award/Certificate in Children and Young People Workforce
- Functional Skills (If required)
- ERR Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- PLTS – Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
Children and Young People's Workforce
WEST BERKSHIRE TRAINING CONSORTIUM
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Manley Summers Training Recruitment Services
Edward Wright Nelson Owusu Osei 02074070015 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2017