Nursery Assistant Apprentice Barley Lane Primary School
We are looking for an apprentice who is looking for a rewarding career in childcare. The ideal candidate will be committed to working with children and possess an energetic and outgoing personality.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 36.00
Possible start date
01 Nov 2017
31 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Help to ensure the safety and security of the children in the setting.
- Assist in promoting children's enjoyment and learning through planned play experiences.
- Support children's care routines such as meal and sleep times.
- Help to prepare, carry out and clear away a wide range of childcare activities.
- Supervise and support children’s play, extending their interests through effective observation and planning and ensuring they feel safe at all times.
- Have knowledge of and implement policies and procedures.
- Assist in maintaining the cleanliness and serviceability of equipment, toys and books, etc.
- Attend in-service training where appropriate and attend staff meetings when required.
- Undertake any other duties as directed by senior staff which may reasonably be regarded as within the nature of the position, subject to the provision that any changes of a permanent nature shall be incorporated into the job description in specific terms.
- To maintain confidentiality at all times.
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer service orientation
- Good team working skills
- Able to work under supervision or without if required
- Good timekeeper
GCSEs (or equivalent) in English, Maths, and ICT (A*-C).
About the employer
Barley Lane Primary School
- Level 2 NVQ in Children and Young People's Workforce
- Level 2 Technical Certificate
- Level 2 Functional Skills
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Children and Young People's Workforce
WEST BERKSHIRE TRAINING CONSORTIUM
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Manley Summers Training Recruitment Services
Edward Wright Nelson Owusu Osei 02074070015 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2017