Nursery Assistant Apprenticeship Bear Hugs Day Nursery Limited T/A Bear Hugs Day Nursery
To be trained to do the same post as a Nursery Nurse or Nursery Assistant. To contribute to a high quality caring environment for children. This includes creating a warm, friendly and stimulating atmosphere in which the children can develop emotionally, socially and educationally through individual attention and group activities.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
01 Nov 2017
01 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The nursery apprentice will be required to do the following:
- To assist in maintaining a safe, clean, and tidy nursery playroom and equipment.
- To ensure good hygiene is maintained at all times.
- To ensure all children are signed in an out.
- To supervise meals and mealtimes.
- To change under supervision nappies.
- To communicate with parents and other visitors in a calm, friendly and efficient manner.
- To assist with integrating the studios actives into the overall educational themes and objectives of the nursery.
Requirements and prospects
- Proactive and motivated
- Leadership and organisation
- Professionalism and teamwork
- Initiative and time management
- Taking care of children
- Stress management and control
- Flexible and understanding
GCSEs in Maths and English or equivalent qualifications.
Things to consider
About the employer
Training is based upon Edexcel Qualifications, so at the end of your Apprenticeship you will have obtained:
- NVQ/BTEC Level 2 Award/Certificate in Children and Young People's Workforce.
- Functional Skills (If required)
- ERR Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- PLTS – Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
Children and Young People's Workforce
WEST BERKSHIRE TRAINING CONSORTIUM
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Manley Summers Training Recruitment Services
Edward Wright Nelson Owusu Osei 02074070015 Edward@manleysummers.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2017