Pharmacy Assistant Apprentice N AND T. SIDDIQUE LIMITED
Pearl Pharmacy are looking to recruit an Apprentice Pharmacy Assistant to join their team based in Rochdale.
Closing date: 25 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
02 Oct 2017
04 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Whether you are interested in science or medicine, or you enjoy helping customers, and you can work in an organised way, then this may be the apprenticeship for you! As an Apprentice Pharmacy Assistant you will learn to be the first point of contact for our customers, who are from every walk of life, and whether they need healthcare advice, or their prescription dispensing, we will train you to provide the excellent customer service that we offer.
- You will be supported in learning how to deal with customer prescriptions accurately.
- You will also be trained to sell over the counter medicines, order and label medication and manage and rotate stock levels.
- You will learn about how we sell our non-prescription medication, and how we display it on our shelves.
- We will also train you to understand about patient confidentiality and data protection which are especially important when dealing with operational queries with GP’s.
Patient care is at the heart of all of our training, and so this role is quite a responsibility!
Don’t worry, we will give you plenty of training and support to help you complete your apprenticeship, ready for your next challenge.
Requirements and prospects
- Firstly, we would like you to have an interest in our sector, and we would need you to enjoy working with people, have a patient and sympathetic manner, but also to be friendly as you will play a vital part in helping to strengthen our bond with the community.
- We will need you to be able to use discretion and be tactful when discussing confidential information, or a customer’s illness.
- We need you to be methodical and organised, and be able to carry administrative roles in areas such as record keeping.
- You will have good communication skills as you will need to be able to clearly explain instructions to customers, based on the advice that the Pharmacist will give you.
- You must have the ability to remain calm when under pressure and maintain a high level of concentration.
- Good attention to detail is also important when dealing with medication. It is also essential that you can work as part of a team.
- Be part of a team
- Be able to communicate accurately with customers
- Show a higher level of commitment to customer care.
GCSE Grade C and above in English and Maths or equivalent.
About the employer
N AND T. SIDDIQUE LIMITED
- NVQ Level 2
- Functional Skill
- Employment Rights
- Technical Certificate
Health - Pharmacy Services
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Trafford College
Sabina Dunworth - Ali 0161 886 7461 Sabina.Dunworthfirstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 25 Sep 2017