Supply Chain Transport Operator Apprentice NAGEL LANGDONS LTD
Much of this role will be talking to customers, drivers, contractors, warehouse, and our own colleagues to get the loads to where they need to be at the time they need to be there. You’ll also learn to use dedicated computer systems and technology to provide excellent customer service across the board.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
16 Oct 2017
01 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Much of this role will be talking to customers, drivers, contractors, warehouse, and our own colleagues to get the loads to where they need to be at the time they need to be there.
You’ll also learn to use dedicated computer systems and technology to provide excellent customer service across the board.
We’ll look at your skillset so that you will be able to deliver a service that’s efficient, proactive, accurate and honest. You’ll get it right first time and take responsibility for your progress.
You’ll learn about the industry and what is expected of those that work in it. From shift patterns to legislation the knowledge you will gain covers it all. You will be at the forefront of any systems, technological or regulation changes. You’ll discover the wide range of opportunities available to you.
We’ll teach you about our company, its history, values and visions. You’ll find your place among us where you can best contribute to our success.
We’ll look after you and teach you how to look after yourself for the future. At least 18 years of age, you’ll have Maths and English (grades C), Other than that, it’s about your attitude and desire to do well. After all, it can be hard work here. So we pick people who we think have the Nagel Langdons personality. You know, the sort of person who wants to muck in and help the team – and sees every challenge as an opportunity to prove their worth. If you’ve got the ambition, commitment and determination, we’ll put you on the right road to success.
Purpose – To undertake a 12 Month period of training in the Logistics Operations to cover Administration, Planning, Routing of Vehicles, Warehousing and associated departments. To include attendance at Head Office for Training
- Follow training plan dependant on depot to ensure all Learning Outcomes are met over the 12 Month time span
- Carry out the duties of an employee in one area of the business for a period of 6 Months after 12 month training completed
- Attend training for the Certificate in Logistics over the 18 month period in one week blocks at the Head Office
- Attend other depots to enhance training as required
- Become proficient in a range of abilities within the Logistics field.
Health and Safety
- Maintain a high standard of health & safety at all times
- Wear and use the Personal Protective Equipment provided at all times (If Needed)
Any Other Relevant Duties
To undertake any other duties within reason associated with a large Logistics distribution centre.
Requirements and prospects
- Word processing skills
- Good verbal communication and listening skills
- Ability to follow instructions and organise yourself to complete tasks fully and on time
- Ability to use initiative to think through problems to find solutions
- Literate with good written communication skills and able to complete Functional Skills in English at Level 1
- Numerate and able to complete Functional Skills in Maths at Level 1
- Ability to check for accuracy and give attention to detail
- Good team worker.
- Keen to learn new skills
- Ability to use initiative
- Calm under pressure
- Good personal organisation
- Team Worker
English & Maths GCSE grade C or above
Things to consider
About the employer
- Supply Chain Transport Operative Level 2 Apprenticeship
- Functional Skills in English & Maths Level 1
Logistics and Supply Chain > Supply Chain Operator
N-Gaged Training & Recruitment Ltd
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by N-Gaged Training & Recruitment Ltd
Stacey Harper 07931 968386 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017