Healthcare Assistant The Village Surgery
Are you interested in gaining a health and social care qualification whilst earning a wage?
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
09 Oct 2017
01 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Working under the direct supervision of the Senior Practice Nurse and strictly in accordance with specific Practice guidelines and protocols, the Healthcare Assistant will assist the Practice clinical team in the provision and delivery of prescribed programmes of patient care.
Duties and responsibilities will be extremely varied but will typically include:
- New patient health checks
- ECG recording
- Chaperoning duties
- Processing and management of laboratory samples requested by GPs/Nurses
- Sterilising, cleansing and maintenance of surgical equipment
- Vaccine/cold chain storage, monitoring and recording
- Surgical equipment and vaccine re-stocking and stock rotation
- Clearing and re-stocking consulting rooms
Hours of work are between 0800-1830 (Varied shift patterns)
Full teaching and learning support provided by a work based tutor from Chesterfield College. This will be underpinned by day to day support from the Senior Practice nurse.
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to follow instructions accordingly
- Team player
- Ability to work using own initiative
- Genuine interest in building a career within the healthcare industry
- GCSE's A-C in English and Maths (or equivalent) would be desirable.
Things to consider
About the employer
The Village Surgery
Health & Social Care Level 2 NVQ includes technical certificate and functional skills. PLTS, ERR workbook. Candidate will have full rights and responsibilities as standard employee.
Health and Social Care
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Chesterfield College
Rachel Squires email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017