Accountancy Apprentice Streamline Accountants Ltd
Streamline Accountants are offering the exciting opportunity for an ambitious and enthusiastic accountancy apprentice to join their team, based in the Bedale area of North Yorkshire.
Closing date: 28 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 34.00
Possible start date
05 Nov 2017
01 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Streamline Accountants are an established and forward thinking accountant service, based in the Bedale area of North Yorkshire.
The dynamic and hardworking finance team here are seeking an ambitious and enthusiastic accountancy apprentice to join their team.
General Duties and Qualification Units Will Include:
- Assisting with accounts preperation
- Processing invoices
- Recording receipts and payments
- Completing and submitting tax and VAT returns
- Using computerised accounting systems
- General office duties
- Dealing with telephone enquiries
- Maintaining files
- Qualification Unit-Bookkeeping Transactions
- Qualification Unit-Elements of Costing
- Qualification Unit-Working effectively within finance
- Qualification Unit-Introducation to Payroll
An additional range of optional units will be selected with the apprentice and employer to tailor the qualification to this specific job role.
Apprenticeships are a fantastic way of gaining nationally recognised qualifications and transferable skills with long term career prospects and progression routes. If you aspire to work in the accountancy sector and have a real drive to succeed, apply today and kick start your career!
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Basic understanding of accountancy and bookkeeping
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- Strong computer skills
- The ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Punctuality and reliability
- A smart and professional manner and appearance
- A genuine interest in accounting as a long term career
- 5 GCSE's graded A-C (or equivalent)
Things to consider
About the employer
Streamline Accountants Ltd
As part of this apprenticeship, the successful candidate will gain their full Intermediate Diploma Level 2 in AAT, which will be delivered entirely at the place of work, both on and off the job by independent training College. The apprenticeship standards also include functional skills qualifications in Maths and English when required.
INDEPENDENT TRAINING SERVICES LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Independent Training Services Ltd
Hannah Norton 01226295471 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 28 Oct 2017