Receptionist Apprentice Parkfield Surgery
An exciting opportunity to join a busy GP as a Receptionist Apprentice has arisen. Your duties will be to ensure an effective and efficient reception service is provided to patients, visitors and staff of the practice. Don't delay, apply today!
Closing date: 08 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
16 Oct 2017
01 Sep 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
- To provide a welcoming, friendly, polite reception service to all practice patients and visitors.
- To book appointments for patients with all members of the clinical team.
- Receive and make telephone calls as required. Divert calls and take messages, ensuring accuracy of detail and prompt delivery.
- Ensure all correspondence, reports, results etc are scanned and/or filed promptly in the correct records, ensuring that all recent correspondence is available when patients are seen.
- Ensure records are kept in good repair.
- To send faxes and use the photocopier as requested.
- Explain practice arrangements and formal requirements to new patients and those seeking temporary medical cover.
- Enter patient information on the computer as required.
- Advise patients of the relevant charges for private (non NHS) services, accept payments and issue receipts for the same.
- Book transport for patients as requested.
- Updating patient’s records including change of name, address etc.
- Locating and handing out prescriptions, letters and other communications left for clients, patients or relatives.
- To undertake your designated area of responsibility within the GMS contract requirements.
- To review requests for copies of medical information, ensuring they are responded to in a timely manner.
- Ensure invoices are processed and payments chased if not received.
- To maintain the confidentiality of all patient and practice information at all times.
- To chaperone patients and/or health care professionals if requested.
- To be aware of and keep up-to-date with all practice policies and procedures.
- To have a flexible approach to work and provide cover for administration colleagues during sickness absence and annual leave as required.
- To participate in an annual review of performance in accordance with the Practice’s appraisal procedure and agree a Personal Development Plan.
- To undertake all duties in accordance with the Practice’s policies and procedures; these may be amended occasionally.
Requirements and prospects
- You must have good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- An excellent telephone manner and the ability to multi-task.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Good computer knowledge/literacy – standard keyboard skills.
- Logical thinker – accuracy for filing etc.
- Friendly personality and smart appearance.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Flexibility of hours available for work.
- Team player.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritise, including maintaining a calm demeanour when dealing with conflict.
- Educated to GCSE level including English and Maths Grade C or equivalent.
About the employer
- Full on-the-job training and support will be provided to enable the successful applicant to undertake the full range of duties required of the role.
- In addition, training will also be provided towards the Apprenticeship in Business administration Level 3 through in-house delivery.
The Qualification consists of the following:
- Business administration Level 3.
- Technical certificate.
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities.
- Functional Skills in Literacy and Numeracy (if relevant).
Business and Administration
BABINGTON BUSINESS COLLEGE LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Babington Business College
Masood Mohammadi 01332 345450 Masood.Mohammadi@Babingtongroup.co.uk
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 08 Oct 2017