Warehousing apprenticeship in Birmingham MOBILE FUN LIMITED
Warehousing role for a well-established and prestigious organisation in Birmingham.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
01 Oct 2017
31 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Location Network Park
Purpose of role
Outline the primary
purpose of the role
● To over deliver on our customer expectations through the logistics function of returns, goods-in, stock control, inventory management and dispatch, through continuously improving the quality of our systems, people and processes to maximise output and accuracy to meet and exceed the needs of our external customers.
○ Perform all processes to a high level of competence within all disciplines of the logistics department: Goods-In, Dispatch, stock control, inventory management and Returns operations.
○ Report all defects within current processes as they happen.
○ Deliver against individual and team set Key Performance
Indicators (KPI) and targets.
○ Comply with current processes
○ Ensure your compliance with company policies and procedures as described within the employee handbook.
○ Demonstrate diligence in your commitment to an excellent time and attendance record.
● Health and Safety
○ Comply and familiarise yourself with current and updated
Health and Safety at Work (HASAW) legislation and company
○ Perform all risk assessment activity as directed.
○ Be proactive in reducing potential hazards within the working
○ Comply and familiarise yourself with current and updated security procedures.
○ Take responsibility for protecting the company against fraud
● Continuous Improvements
○ Active involvement with Company Continuos Improvement (CI)
○ Regularly uses company intranet to communicate effectively
● Learning and Growth
○ Complete agreed staff training, appraisals and personal development plans.
There maybe other tasks that is deemed appropriate by your line manager that is a requirement of your position at Mobile Fun that is not listed within this job description.
Operations Crew Member
● Capable of carrying out the physical aspects of the role
● An understanding of Health and Safety in the workplace.
● Ability to work effectively unsupervised.
● Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
● Previous Warehouse experience
Knowledge of Mobile Fun Markets; Strategies; Products &
Adopts a ‘can-do’ attitude towards achieving company objective
Leadership & People
Generates general enthusiasm and
commitment for key business objectives
Learning & Growth Continuous improvement and people development as a priority investment
Problem Solving Takes responsibility for problems
Communication Demonstrates effective and appropriate communication skills to deliver results
Team Work Collaborates and Co-operates with others to achieve agreed objectives
Customer Focus Demonstrates enthusiasm and passion for delivering excellent customer service
Line Manager first and Operations Director
IT, Customer Relations, Purchasing
● Couriers, Product Suppliers
Requirements and prospects
- Quick learner
- Fit and able bodied
- Good communicator
- Good literacy and spelling
- Good time-keeping
- A positive, can do attitude
- Friendly and outgoing
- Punctual and good attendance
About the employer
NVQ Level 2 in Warehousing
Functional Skills in English Maths and IT
Warehousing and Storage
G B TRAINING (UK) LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by GB Training (UK) Ltd
Maisie Whitticase 01213668388 Maisie.Whitticase@gbtraining.org.uk
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017