Level 2 Hair Apprenticeship Carma Salons
We provide our clientele with an outstanding service and great customer care, as such we work hard as a team and require an equally hardworking, conscientious team player that we can rely on. If you have a passion for hair and want to work in a busy, friendly, hair and beauty salon and have an eagerness to learn, we want to hear from you.
Closing date: 27 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 27.00
Possible start date
02 Oct 2017
31 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
This Apprenticeship is an excellent opportunity for someone to gain experience and learn from fully qualified team of stylists and technicians – gaining industry experience crucial to their development. It requires a lot of hard work, and a strong desire to learn.
The key responsibilities for a Level 2 role include:
- Assist with reception duties
- Ensuring a high standard of client care
- Shampoo and conditioning clients in prepare for further services
- Observing/shadowing more senior stylists/tenchnicians in cutting, colouring, perming, styling, consultation and hair-up
- One-to-one training to develop skills learnt during observations
- Maintain good housekeeping throughout the salon on a daily basis
- Assist in the replenishment of stock
Requirements and prospects
- Good timekeeping
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to show initiative and work independently
- Be a keen team player
- Empathetic and a keen listener
- Confident and approachable
- Well presented
- Passion for the industry and willing to engage in continuous development
Minimum of grade 3 (D equivalent) in both English and Maths.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Level 2 NVQ Diplomain Hairdressing
- Level 2 Technical Certificate
- Level 1 Functional Skills in English and Maths (where applicable)
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
SHREWSBURY COLLEGE OF ARTS & TECHNOLOGY
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Shrewsbury College of Arts & Technology
Jules Condie 01743 260400 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 27 Sep 2017