Suez HGV Apprenticeship Suez Environment Uk Limited
SUEZ are looking to take on 4 HGV Apprentices around the UK at one of their sites. You will study a Level 3 HGV Apprenticeship and train in one of the SUEZ sites near your home location.
Closing date: 26 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
23 Nov 2017
30 Aug 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
We are a Recycling and Recovery company with a vision of living in a society of no more waste . Giving the waste product a second life.
The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic , willing to learn , part of a team and with a can do attitude.
Training will include one to one on all aspects of HGV maintenance with one of our experienced mechanics working on a wide range of trucks including Mercedes , DAF , Dennis , Scania and MAN.
There will also be the opportunity to learn about the specialist equipment on the vehicle which will involve training with the supplier.
You would be expected over a period of time to progress in the workshop to the required standards , carrying out repairs in a safe , conscientious and cost efficient manor working with our company values at heart and carrying out any other duties applicable to the role.
Also to attend Stephenson College Leicester on two week block training , twice every term. The apprenticeship will run for three years coming out with a level 3 Qualification.
Ensure the Dealer point works to the criteria laid down in the Company Health and Safety policy.
- Assist Technician to carry out repairs according to procedures in a safe and responsible manner.
- Learn how to and use special tools safely and efficiently.
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) must be worn.
- Assist with cleaning the workshop.
- Comply with warranty procedures during repairs and with warranty material on completion of repair.
- Ensure that the company’s time recording procedures are complied with.
- Ensure job cards are completed accurately.
- Ensure all vehicle defects are reported to workshop Supervisor.
- Attend college courses regularly and achieve the standards required by the course.
- Attend any technical or development training that is made available.
- Work with the team to ensure a strong top team ethos.
- Support the development of character, skills, attitude and superior individual and team performance.
- Ensure that you conduct yourself in a business-like and professional manner.
- Ensure that the workshop facilities, equipment and tools are kept clean, tidy and maintained, reflecting the image of an efficient and modern retail Dealer point.
Requirements and prospects
- Determination and desire to work in the HGV Industry.
- Good communication skills.
- Team player.
- Some background knowledge of basic mechanic is an advantage.
- Genuine interest in HGV's and mechanics.
- Basic understanding of mechanics would be an advantage.
- Good GCSE's in Maths, English and IT. (Preferable candidates will have GCSE's Grade A*-C or equivalent).
Things to consider
About the employer
- Level 3 Standard HGV Maintenance and Repair.
- Functional Skills Level 1 and 2 Maths and English.
- Block Release at Stephenson College. Accommodation and meals will be provided.
Bus, Coach and HGV > Heavy Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Stephenson College
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 26 Oct 2017